Swimmin holes across the USA! (1 Viewer)

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Ever wile in the dirty areas wonder where the clean water is?
Like the Skykomish river as compared to the Colombia river

Maybe this website will fill a niche of finding clean and nature set swimming places

swimming holes

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

moses1o9

Lurker
Current Location
nola
There was a spot we used to go to off of the blue ridge parkway a few years ago. I remember the locals getting pissed when college kids started showing up every week. Cool site though.

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Current Location
austin, texas
This thread is such a great idea. There's one in south Pittsburg tn it's quarries, could get the info if anyone was interested. Also some around Soddy daisy tn and spring city tn :)

Desperado Deluxe

Wanderer
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA
Here's one I went to on my recent trip up the coast.
This is salmon creek up in big sur about 10 mi south of gorda and about 5 north of ragged point.

b01e31e1f24e4119a7ad266cc3a7ac24-jpg.24670_Swimmin holes across the USA!_United States_Squat the Planet_2:41 PM

43016e50af8d514e3b697b35fb15b688-jpg.24671_Swimmin holes across the USA!_United States_Squat the Planet_2:41 PM

(The waterfall that goes to the pond below)

9001c82bacc64df46cff45933ac4e25d-jpg.24672_Swimmin holes across the USA!_United States_Squat the Planet_2:41 PM

(Cool rock formations to climb around in the surrounding area)

This is one of my favorite places in big sur. The water was fairly cold with little fishes swimming around but its right off the highway and was nice to take a dip after a long walk. There's also hiking trails around that area that lead to camps, so before or after a hike you can go for a swim.

40oz in a rut

Lurker
Current Location
Apple Valley California
Deep creek hot springs in southern california is great you can get there from Arrowhead California apple valley or hesperia the Pacific Crest Trail goes along it definitely worth checking out just make sure to pack out

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
silver city, new mexico
swimmingholes.org should be a top resource for anyone who travels and lives outdoors. They directed me to some of my favorite places I've ever been.

Here's my favorite swimming hole, a must-see in California:

anyiki

Lurker
Current Location
WeMa
Website
fantasy-spaces.info
so so so many in wmass, deerfield river and leeds dam and conway and many many others ! hmu if you're going through the pioneer valley in mass in summer

Railroadways

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
Mcalister
Penny hot springs about 10 miles north of carbandale Colorado! Its right next to a crystal coear river!

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Current Location
Whats that place in nashville tn thats got a statue of a woman on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

van dwelling in san antonio. about to get on the road to oregon or someplace by end of the month. i'm still so fucked up about my dear friend @Multifaceted passing away and need to get out of our hometown..
Confirmation that travel expenses will be covered has been APPROVED! I'M OUTTA HERE!
For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!
Does anyone here have experience with shops yard in L.A., i could use a little advice.
Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!

Members online