flskunkape

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm a soon to be twenty year old trail worker in the White Mountains of NH. Grew up around Richmond and then Jacksonville. Studying philosophy, mostly classical stuff, in NM but my summer job up here in NH is where I feel most at home. I like being in the woods all the time and have met a lot of friends here who've opened my eyes to more "nontraditional" work avenues and ways of living. Last summer the Rainbow Gathering happened like half an hour from me, so I went with some coworkers and ended up talking to a lot of interesting people there. Definitely felt like an outsider, and the vibe was kinda that you had to be in the know to know (you know) but it made me interested in the subcultures surrounding trainhopping and nomadic life. Seasonal conservation work already seems like where I'm heading, and the communities are of course pretty interconnected. I'd like to try and catch out of Albuquerque when I'm back at school and meet people to learn from around that area... Obviously firsthand experience is the only real way to learn but it'd be nice to be somewhat prepared so I don't screw up too bad.

Other than that I like to read, draw, play guitar, walk around. Abandoned houses are very cool, though I haven't done much real urban exploring, more decrepit rural areas. I like creepy shit. Childhood dream was to be a horror movie director— maybe someday. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads