Summer reading list | Squat the Planet

Summer reading list

D

Deleted member 20240

While sitting on my ass, doing nothing today, I recalled a moment from a few days back. While still at my last job, I was approached by a customer who had far too much money and far too few problems. Her beloved pet cat had recentley passed and she was looking for a book to help her cope with her grief. I pointed her in the right direction. Yes we had a book for that. I understand, losing a loved one is tough. This memory has inspired me to accumulate a few reading suggestions for all of you. Maybe we can start a book club! funny-book-covers-4jpg.jpg funny-book-covers-6jpg.jpg funny-book-covers-5jpg.jpg andy-griffiths-my-bum-goit-oo-the-international-bestseller-based-5961496.png 0009678d_medium.jpeg c4a126461e330caed42d3085b8e2ee8d--book-covers-weird.jpg d99a906d6e9283cb0eee9654c18fa811--funny-work-humor-funny-shit.jpg worst-book-covers-titles-55.jpg Funny-Worst-Book-Titles-And-Covers-22.jpg 84515040.jpg Funny-Worst-Book-Titles-And-Covers-02.jpg f7a28cdf4b761c855f8df6041c199bc4.jpg worst-book-covers-titles-49.jpg Funny-Worst-Book-Titles-And-Covers-28.jpg download (1).jpeg download.jpeg

Let me know if you have any suggestions! ( other than suggesting I go fuk myself)

tony longshanks

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
A friend of mine, knowing my squatting tendencies, and the fact that I once said, "I wish I could live in a museum... when I was a child in Minnesota I would visit the natural history museums with reconstructed dinosaurs skeletons and stuff and wish I could hide there when it was closing time and just secretly live in the museum," got me a copy of this children's book, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler."

It concerns a couple of kids who basically do just that... squat an art museum.

I'm looking forward to reading it this summer!
mixed up files of mrs basil e frankweiler.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
an stp book club could be really fun.

D

Deleted member 20683

"The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-Than-Human World" by David Abram used to be my go-to book recommendation. i kind of want to check it out again - made a really big impression on me, clearly. one of those hard to sum up but kind of a really interesting overall line of thought about ecology, consciousness, and how the world got to the fucked up mess it's in now... like Ishmael but for grown-ups. ;p

Shit Beetle

Reaction score
Education of a Wondering Man - Louis L'Amour

Evasion - published by Crimethinc

The Wild Truth - Carrine McCandless

Dogsong - Gary Paulsen

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads