Stressed from the Midwest

kennacoconut

Reaction score
Hey! I've been here for about 2 weeks and still no intro. But here goes!

Call me Kenna. I'm 20 years old, two days away from getting a college degree, and I want to be a Spanish teacher. I've always wondered how all my teachers have been able to travel, because not only is teacher's pay not that great.... but they have to work like 12 hours a day! Who has time for that?! Anyway, I do want to travel. And I am perfectly content with packing a bag and walking 4 days in any direction (i live in the very middle of the country) and setting up camp. Sounds like an adventure.

Obviously I am passionate about education. But my other passion is piercings. Well, any mod, actually. But I've been piercing for 2 years and can't wait to get my license. Before I ever picked up a needle, I studied piercing. I read books, newspaper articles, biographies, scholarly journals, internet sources and encyclopedias... I watched television shows and documentaries and youtube videos, and did interviews with professional piercers and veteran piercees. Not only that, but I've studied sterilization, bloodborne pathogens, the healing process, and so, so many things that have to do with piercing. My hero is Elayne Angel. Read about her, or better yet, read her book.
The first time I pierced someone, it was like I had done it my whole life. And it was like I was meant to do it. Piercings (or lack of piercings) is a beautiful expression of yourself... and so is every single other thing about how one changes (or doesn't change) their appearance.

Sorry about the spiel. Doesn't happen often.

But anyway, I live in KCK and can't wait to be a teacher so I can make the money to travel! Being in the middle of the country sucks =\ But it's home =]

soapybum

Reaction score
Midwest can really suck at times... since you know English and Spanish you can go to places like south America etc, and teach English n be able to travel abroad like that, also, you don't need money to travel! Half of the fun for me with traveling is the challenge of finding ways to sustain myself without money.

Thoreau

Reaction score
Website
zinelibrary.info
I really apreciate teachers, its a noble career and you can really make a BIG diference in your students, I say this being a 12th grade student. Hope you get to make a change :)
Since you really want to travel, what about tutoring kids after school? I think its more flexible than working as a classroom teacher, and as soapybum said, south america, sounds cool

Reactions: kennacoconut

jake4569

Reaction score
Hey i know how it is im 20 and from the Kc area to. Hit me up :) Btw 420 friendly Just sayin....!! But i dont make it my whole life

kennacoconut

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to teach English abroad... that is so on my bucket list!

Midwest can really suck at times... since you know English and Spanish you can go to places like south America etc, and teach English n be able to travel abroad like that, also, you don't need money to travel! Half of the fun for me with traveling is the challenge of finding ways to sustain myself without money.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads