"Stingrays" and Cell Phone disruption by police as a counter terrorism tactic | Squat the Planet

"Stingrays" and Cell Phone disruption by police as a counter terrorism tactic

David1

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

Hudson

Reaction score
We had those in the middle east as well. They are pretty expensive man. Goes without saying there's like maybe a dozen cities in California that actually have those.

Its easier to make a fake cell tower and scoop up on that. Last news story I saw said there were like 50 fake cell towers in washington dc.

David1

Banned
Reaction score
From what I know about these is that anyone with enough knowledge could have picked up the parts for a Stingray at there old fashioned Radio Shack or Ham radio supply store. Harris Communications of Rochester NY in addition to being a DOD Contractor does make stuff for the ham radio hobbyist. BTW cancer rates are thru the roof on the East Side of Rochester NY where there plant is.

David1

Banned
Reaction score

David1

Banned
Reaction score
and oddy the old trick of just removing the battery does not work on the new phones as battery removal has been made harder.

Hudson

Reaction score
Yeah i got an old phone for the replaceable battery. I've noticed they don't make em anymore which is strange cause there's always a niche market.

Maxnomad

Banned
Reaction score
Did you really just copy someones thread so you could run your mouth and sound like an authority while crediting noone whatsoever fir even the idea?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads