Photos Stick-n-pokes you've given?!

Dameon

Reaction score
Haven't given myself any stick and pokes but now that everyone else is doing body mods, it's just stupid to get any type of body mods to begin with. My stepmom's friend's daughter is getting a tattoo soon at the age of 16...and her parents are okay with. like wtf happend
Why would you even come to this thread to say you don't have any tattoos and people with tattoos are stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: brando

brando

travelling through time and space
Reaction score
Haven't given myself any stick and pokes but now that everyone else is doing body mods, it's just stupid to get any type of body mods to begin with. My stepmom's friend's daughter is getting a tattoo soon at the age of 16...and her parents are okay with. like wtf happend
You should really try to think through what you're about to say before you say it. 😉

• Agree
Reactions: snailormoon

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think the point that was being made by @some emo kid named nat was... tat's used to be something that is rebellious and against the mainstream... and also a sailor/explorer thing. lol

I'm no expert on the history of tattoos and and just saying that from my own life's observations... on the sailor part...

Also, I drink sailor jerry rum sometimes. LOL

Anyway... it is some kind of contradiction when you notice how "mainstream" ink has become when comparing it to it's less mainstream origin in history I would think...

So anyone keeping a clean canvas in specific protest of an overwhelming culture of ink... what would that make that person?

A rebel>?

Honest I don't care to make a statement in any culture. I just do what I want... don't have a lot of ink or bod mods... but any I would would be done with a lot of overthinking/consideration... just the kinda person I am... and def I grew up in an age where at 16 being allowed to do these kinda of things to your self was seen as somewhat prohibited or taboo if you were not already in a very permissive non mainstream family.

Overall... it's funny what culture is and how what is and what is not allowed is perceived.

Truly the truth is those things can change at any time in history depending on the majority...

Which is funny cuz the "rebellious" non mainstream becomes permissive when they themselves acquire "MAINSTREAM" power.

Shheeeeesh... if any of what I wrote makes sense.

Whelp... thats all for now.

I got some odd non mainstream booze... I think it's some knock off of Jägermeister with a red cross. Haha...

Boop!

Reaction score
I think the point that was being made by @some emo kid named nat was... tat's used to be something that is rebellious and against the mainstream... and also a sailor/explorer thing. lol

I'm no expert on the history of tattoos and and just saying that from my own life's observations... on the sailor part...

Also, I drink sailor jerry rum sometimes. LOL

Anyway... it is some kind of contradiction when you notice how "mainstream" ink has become when comparing it to it's less mainstream origin in history I would think...

So anyone keeping a clean canvas in specific protest of an overwhelming culture of ink... what would that make that person?

A rebel>?

Honest I don't care to make a statement in any culture. I just do what I want... don't have a lot of ink or bod mods... but any I would would be done with a lot of overthinking/consideration... just the kinda person I am... and def I grew up in an age where at 16 being allowed to do these kinda of things to your self was seen as somewhat prohibited or taboo if you were not already in a very permissive non mainstream family.

Overall... it's funny what culture is and how what is and what is not allowed is perceived.

Truly the truth is those things can change at any time in history depending on the majority...

Which is funny cuz the "rebellious" non mainstream becomes permissive when they themselves acquire "MAINSTREAM" power.

Shheeeeesh... if any of what I wrote makes sense.

Whelp... thats all for now.

I got some odd non mainstream booze... I think it's some knock off of Jägermeister with a red cross. Haha...

Boop!
This is what almost exactly what I meant, sorry if I worded it out wrong lol

Reactions: Odin

Dameon

Reaction score
I'm fine with tattoos being popularized and normalized. I'm all for rebelling, but I think inking yourself solely to be "rebellious" is silly. I get tattoos because I want art that nobody can ever take away which carries personal meaning to me, not for other people, and not having to face discrimination for wanting that and being able to share that love for art with more people is all upsides to me.

I think tattoos just aren't really something that gets ruined by going "mainstream". If some dumbass gets a tattoo of a random Chinese character that doesn't mean what they think it does because they think it's cute, that doesn't affect the meaning my tattoos carry for me, or my ability to appreciate the art other people invest in. Especially not if it means I can have one and still work in an office.

Last edited:

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

That 'broke' monopoly man tattoo is sick. So is the squatter symbol one. Great shit.

I have no tattoos atm, but I'm hoping to find someone to get a couple, or do them myself in the coming months.

Bullfrog

Reaction score
image.jpg
I did this one myself and 2nd one was done by my friend eva it’s my fav out of my cute lil pokes lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 62

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads