Staying in Australia with Expired Visa | Squat the Planet

Staying in Australia with Expired Visa

Hannah Mckay

Reaction score
Does any one know what will happen if you are caught overstaying your visa in Australia? Please, No speculation... If you have done this or know anyone who has successfully, Please comment. The Visa processes down here are ridiculous! They are the highest cost and the longest time frames to obtain IN THE WORLD!!! There has to be an easier way.....

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
A mate of mine was barred entry for 10 years (from memory) and deported for overstaying his.

If you can find the cash I'd recommend flying to Indonesia, New Zealand or somewhere else close by while it gets sorted (check out Air Asia or Tiger for super cheap flights out of Oz). It's a massive risk staying and waiting, and the feds don't fuck around if/when they catch ya.

Reactions: Hannah Mckay

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
My friends in Oz were avoiding overstaying their working holiday visas with tourism/visitor visas...

Assuming you've already looked at all the visas, but there there's the Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa which is a 20 dollar application fee and gets processed within 24 hours (usually immediately).
Although of course you have to be outside of Oz to apply and the visa is:

• to visit or for business visitor purposes
  • as many times as you want, for up to a year
  • and stay up to three months for each visit.
Also in my experience, my visas have always been processed immediately (2 6 month student visas and 1 one-year working holiday visa), so just something to consider...I hold a US passport

Last edited:
Reactions: Tude and Benji91

Hannah Mckay

Reaction score
My friends in Oz were avoiding overstaying their working holiday visas with tourism/visitor visas...

Assuming you've already looked at all the visas, but there there's the Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa which is a 20 dollar application fee and gets processed within 24 hours (usually immediately).
Although of course you have to be outside of Oz to apply and the visa is:

• to visit or for business visitor purposes
  • as many times as you want, for up to a year
  • and stay up to three months for each visit.
Also in my experience, my visas have always been processed immediately (2 6 month student visas and 1 one-year working holiday visa), so just something to consider...I hold a US passport

i am on the visitor visa now. I have flown out once already. It's just such a pain in the ass and expensive. Oz has the most expensive visas in the world...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads