Squatting Public Buildings

A

AlwaysLost

I was just curious on whether squattets occupying a public building are afforded the same tenant protection as like houses.

What are your thoughts on holding a popup event in such a building. Is it feasible or a felony waiting to happen?

kriminalmisfit

Reaction score
What about a simultaneous art show/concert? I think it would be sick to have an event like that in an abandoned building. Im sure there are established squats out there that have the resources for such events though.

A

AlwaysLost

What about a simultaneous art show/concert? I think it would be sick to have an event like that in an abandoned building. Im sure there are established squats out there that have the resources for such events though.

Dude that's even a sicker idea! I like the idea of an established squat but I'd hate to completely blow up somebody's spot with a promoted event. Definitely a concert though.

Haha no worries! Art shows are cool. Whereabouts are ya thinking of having this?

I'm not exactly sure. Just beginning an idea. I'd need to go where theres alot artists or a place where they'd travel too.

I mean not every one would be brave enuff to exhibit in an illegal show.

dodi

Reaction score
Yo,
Where I'm from, the squats that would host art events and concerts and stuff would last maximum a couple of months, in general. However, the guys who were running them were well aware of that, so they kept having those shows until they got kicked out. Basically that was when legal action against them as taken....

I probably don't know the squatting scene in your area, but I'd say if you are able to hook up with folks that have already hosted events, there's a good chance they would let you have you show/concert/whatev's

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads