Squatting In Michigan, Getting Started

clockwise5000

Reaction score
Website
travelinthrulife.wordpress.com
There's a house nearby that hasn't been lived in for many years... 10 at least.. And well a couple questions..

1. I found out i believe that it may be owned by a bank.. and i think it was chat gpt that told me that banks watch their propertys and well it would be much more difficult..
2. with the lawn and surrounding plant life being so overgrown, i feel like mowing the lawn is almost step 1... though i suppose a mailbox should come before.. I get nervous with the possibility of the neighbor coming out and starting any conversation.. if i'm mowing i could say i work for someone who sent me to this property to clean it up, i think. would maybe rent a truck for that (as if I ever have money) but if i do that then i feel like i can schedule getting the power turned on, if even possible in it's current state, and gas.. may be propane there not sure..

any advice appreciated.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
we've answered a lot of these kinds of questions already, have you tried using the search?

and i think it was chat gpt that told me

please stop using chat gpt for factual/legal information. it is a typing tool, not a source of legal advice or even accurate information, it is a system for mashing words together with no promise of accuracy. that's it. do internet searches and your own research instead.

Reactions: AnotherNerd

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads