Featured - Spent the past week sailing around the San Juan Islands... | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Featured Spent the past week sailing around the San Juan Islands...

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
In 2010 me and my two boys spent the summer kayaking and Camping around the San Juan Islands. Thinking about doing it again.

I think your pictures are great!
Ever thought about kayaking up the Inside Passage in SE Alaska? The San Juans are great, no doubt about it, but you have all these state parks and private lands to contend with here. But the Inside Passage is real wilderness. I miss being able to just pull up on any beach with the place all to yourself, having a bonfire right on the beach, and no one will bother you.....setting foot at places few have ever been to.

• Love It
Reactions: BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
Ever thought about kayaking up the Inside Passage in SE Alaska? The San Juans are great, no doubt about it, but you have all these state parks and private lands to contend with here. But the Inside Passage is real wilderness. I miss being able to just pull up on any beach with the place all to yourself, having a bonfire right on the beach, and no one will bother you.....setting foot at places few have ever been to.

I would love to take that trip in a Kayak. I love the wilderness. Camping, hiking... Isolation in the wilderness puts me so much at ease. My retirement goal getting a little land in Alaska, building a cabin and off grinding.

Reactions: iamwhatiam

Rambing Roots

Reaction score
Nice. Have you been to Puget Sound before? I just have a Catalina 22 w/ a wing keel. It's not bluewater, but fine for sailing protected waters. I bought it to learn on and hoping to sail it up to Southeast Alaska in spring of 2020. After that, I'll probably be ready to sell it and get a larger boat.
if you are headed to alaska stop in at ganges harbour on saltspring island. huge boatpunk community here.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
if you are headed to alaska stop in at ganges harbour on saltspring island. huge boatpunk community here.
good to know! i won't be sailing up there this year. i have to save up money for the trip first, but i will do it eventually

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads