Somewhere over the rainbow <3 | Squat the Planet

Somewhere over the rainbow <3

Lilac

Reaction score
Hi I'm 17 I live in Georgia and I've never felt at place in one spot, I have always wanted to travel the world and explore different cultures, a white picket fence isn't really my dream in life if you understand or is like me xD I'm good with people, but I usually find myself in the woods under trees swirling around and dancing with my headphones in and I love being outside and being active, people say I'm the most open-minded person they know (but also super reckless, I tend to do things on impulse and while mostly it's fun there are consequences ><)

As for hobbies and tastes I play video-games (all except sports I prefer that in person xD) I'm a playstationer for life, and watch anime/TV all day if I'm not able to get out :p I like reading and going into other worlds I tend to get obsessed easily when it comes to fictional story lines xD

I listen to music from pianists like Ludovico Einaudi to bands like Get Scared and then to KillStation and X so my taste in music is very stretched XD but rock and classic are my favorites, with X on the side xD

I have never been materialistic and I tend to feel jealously of people from the 60s (I was born way too late in this world of technology) xD so I don't have an urge to need a big house with gold doorknobs and of course alot of people aren't broke when they start traveling like this but I'm going to be, living off of daily jobs, but it makes me so happy thinking about seeing everything for myself, and I'm so happy there are so many other people out there who feel like that, because nobody here likes to do anything and it drives me insane xD

I'm planning on spending most of my days with the ocean xD before I join the Military, It sounds weird but every time I try to think about a future all I see is blackness and It scares me, I have too many dreams and it's hard to pick and I'm hoping I see the answer in a cloud in India or some sort while traveling xD

Last edited:

Shaggy Rogers

Reaction score
Besides the military, sounds about right. Dream has been to have a boat I can travel the world and get life in before I die. America has a few things I want to see, (grand canyon, area 51, long island, ect.), but Egypt and China are calling along with others.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
agreed, you can definitely skip the military part, they're not going to do you any favors besides waste your youngest years and send you to war for some corporation's profit.

i'm a traveling gamer too though, so we have that in common. just go travel and enjoy your life!

Last edited:

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
@Lilac it seems you deleted your previous posts about wanting to run away so again, I must strongly recommend that you don't run away at 17. If you really want to travel (which sounds better to me than joining the military), take the next year to prepare. Do your research, get your gear, figure out where you want to go. I hope you read the runaway guide I sent you and that perhaps you'll consider waiting a bit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads