Some advice please

Potts

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could offer a touch of advice on my sleeping arrangements. I have a poly fill sleeping bag from Walmart, it's rated down to like 50 degrees fahrenheit. I also have a heavy duty tarp that I've been wrapping me and the sleeping bag up in the last few nights since it's been dipping below 32 here in memphis. Could anyone kindly offer some advice on how to keep the condensation off me and the sleeping bag? Would a smaller tarp over the whole thing kinda tented stop this? I can Google it I guess but I'd be interested in learning what works for others.

Doom

Reaction score
A lean to made from a smaller tarp and whatever you can find, and some insulation(whatever you can salvage from around where you are is fine) under the bag should help a ton for heat and condensation when combined. Some condensation is unavoidable of course.

Reactions: Potts

Potts

Reaction score
A lean to made from a smaller tarp and whatever you can find, and some insulation(whatever you can salvage from around where you are is fine) under the bag should help a ton for heat and condensation when combined. Some condensation is unavoidable of course.
Kind of what I was thinking. But kind of my first time ever really possibly applying myself to be somewhat prepared and safe and still fairly light weight. Thanks @Doom

Doom

Reaction score
Kind of what I was thinking. But kind of my first time ever really possibly applying myself to be somewhat prepared and safe and still fairly light weight. Thanks @Doom
No problem! I grew up in the scouts so I picked some shit up there. Figure knowledge is free, might as well share. Snow is also a great option if you get caught in winter weather. That shit insulates like nothing else. Dig a cave and line with a tarp and you'll be toasty as fuck. Remember to wipe sweat off before going out to keep it from freezing to you! Lol.

Reactions: Potts

Potts

Reaction score
No problem! I grew up in the scouts so I picked some shit up there. Figure knowledge is free, might as well share. Snow is also a great option if you get caught in winter weather. That shit insulates like nothing else. Dig a cave and line with a tarp and you'll be toasty as fuck. Remember to wipe sweat off before going out to keep it from freezing to you! Lol.
Hahaha that's been my problem. The sweat.. my first couple times in a recycle bin, in cardboard boxes and my first time doubling up trash bags kinda helped with my insulation theories. In a few hours though through this buzz google woulda took me forever. Cheers Doom

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads