Solo in Florida

teejay

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently left home (MA) for the first time in my life and I am now staying with extended family just outside of Orlando, FL for the next week or two. After that, who knows, I'm just gonna float with the breeze. I figured I would head towards Ocala since that's where most seem to be headed. Then maybe head back up the east coast? Or maybe west? I'm flying by the seat of my pants here and I'm open always to new ideas. I'm also solo at the moment but wouldn't mind a road dog or two to show me the ropes. I dont have much experience traveling besides a couple train hops under my belt but I'm a fast learner and I'm not afraid to try something new, i'd be down to hitch, hop or even walk just about anywhere. So if you would like to meet up around the Ocala area hit me up!

Reactions: Kal and Odin

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome - lots info here to dive through and it sounds like there are some people here who are heading there so keep on line with that. Have fun and stay safe!

D

Deleted member 2626

Ditto to highwayman. Its nice with someone else for sure, if you get along even 60 percent of the time, but alone with a dog is pretty good

teejay

Reaction score
Solitude definitely is bliss. I'm just concerned about getting running into some not so nice people, having some back up would ease my mind.. Especially since i'm still green. It can be done alone too for sure, but I wouldnt mind having someone show me the ropes

novadarling

Reaction score
i'm brand new to travelling too. looks like i'll be heading to Ocala for the rainbow gathering in a couple weeks and i'm undecided after that. maybe i'll see you there and we can head out somewhere cool afterwards. i have friends in south Florida we can stay with for a few days. i was thinking of going there and then heading west...

Reactions: teejay

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads