Solentiname Islands, Nicaragua | Squat the Planet

Solentiname Islands, Nicaragua

Durp

Reaction score
Anyone been to, or know anything about these islands? I was offered a trade for a private 5 acre island along with a registered US inport export corporation in trade for my farm in WA. The news paints the situation in Nicaragua as bleak, but I was curious what those that have been there recently think. Seems like the perfect place to set up an artist/ free thinkers community. Any input would be greatly appreciated. You get to the island from a 45 min boat ride from Costa Rica. The import/ export corporation allows for the import of supplies legally from Costa Rica.

Raggamuffin

Reaction score
Not personally but I have a good pal who's just got back from Nicaragua.. says it was amazing, and un-spoiled by tourism. Land is cheap, and he's buying a section and is moving when possible! I can't wait to make it to Central/South America - sounds like the perfect place for a free thinking community as 'La Vida Pura' (the pure life) is praised so much higher there than Babylon bullshit!

Fuck yeah, I'll come visit!

Raggamuffin

Reaction score
You’d visit, first, right? Is it a part of Nicaragua? If so, would you visita Nicaraguan attorney in person so as to evaluate any legal docs? If not . . . are you freaking crazy?

LEGALLY, you can OWN a business if you yourself are the owner and NOT a worker, and work for your business has to be given to Nicaragua citizens. This also grants residency.

Durp

Reaction score
Not personally but I have a good pal who's just got back from Nicaragua.. says it was amazing, and un-spoiled by tourism. Land is cheap, and he's buying a section and is moving when possible! I can't wait to make it to Central/South America - sounds like the perfect place for a free thinking community as 'La Vida Pura' (the pure life) is praised so much higher there than Babylon bullshit!

Fuck yeah, I'll come visit!
If I did this I would sail my boat there, build an earthbag house that is small and round to protect against storms, and a few huts. I would set it up as a primitive hostile and offer sailing charters aswell as an import/ mail service for back packers.

Last edited:

Durp

Reaction score
A Nicaraguan friend now in Houma Louisiana asked me if I'd be willing to marry his Nicaraguan attorney sister for a green card - should I forward your deets?

He showed me a pic, not bad at all - too good for me in fact
Hahahahaha I may entertain the idea. Dm me. There would have to be a really strong prenup tho hahaha.

• Epic
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Durp

Reaction score
@Durp

some tough questions

How's yr Spanish? granted that money talks, but.....

and uh. can i come?
I manage a mexican restraunt so improving daily hahaha. Tag alongs are fun! Idk if I will do this because I do love my farm in WA. The only issue is the states are making it a pain in the testes to do the things I would like on my land. Damn permits lol

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Durp

Reaction score
whatever is going on in the mainland means shit if you live on an island.

I was there last june/july. its a big situation, but I dont think it has any impact on what you wanna do.

best of luck with the project.
Thanks for the good vibes. This opportunity sort of blindsided me so I am mainly info gathering at this stage.

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
If I did this I would sail my boat there, build an earthbag house that is small and round to protect against storms, and a few huts. I would set it up as a primitive hostile and offer sailing charters aswell as an import/ mail service for back packers.
I'm buying a boat this year or next... keep us posted. You may get a fleet of stp pirates!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads