SOCKS! Redhead

dprogram

Reaction score
We all know how important socks are...a good pair can make a ratty pair of shoes feel like clouds. Got this pair of Redhead socks and I had to look them up to see what was so damn special about them. (gift from my mom) They are wool socks and sold at BassPro...lifetime warranty. You can sweat in these things all day but you're feet stay warm and comfy. Do you guys have any you like?

JannethintheWind

Reaction score
i love smart wool especially when up north...and they come in so many different weights i even wear their medium pair in summer without feet sweating. plus can make a loose boot fit too

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
it sounds so sad how excited i actually get about socks. i spent 4 years on and off living on the streets here in the UK the best thing anyone ever gave me was a new pair of socks. Just makes life feel so much better. I can't find anywhere to get those particular ones over here but I am actually coming to NYC on thursday for a few days so i am going to see if I can find a pair there, coz seriously they sound awesome.

dprogram

Reaction score
I'm guessing they're heated or something?,
I was hoping the socks did the walking...j/k

Even when I'm not on the streets new socks make me happy...

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
I wear wigwam and I got field and stream ones too. I wear them all year round. I've heard smart wool are nice but they seem too expensive. Everyone says cotton kills and so far it seems to be true.

dprogram

Reaction score
All the cotton socks I've had sucked. Some wool ones sucked too but I guess the double layer combo wool shit is where its at.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Yeah I've had them. The ones with the base layer thing, right? I usually look at what percent wool they are before I buy them. This guy I know used to buy smarts wool seconds for way cheaper then the regular price. But idk where he bought them.

Driftwhistler

Reaction score
I have a pair of red wing socks made with like 80% merino wool and they're pretty good. Beyond that, I have a pair of crayola crayon socks that my boss gave me for Vday one year that are kind of thick but in fact suck and get sweaty pretty quick. I want to check out some of those Redhead socks.

acer910

Reaction score
i like the Gold Toe brand socks at walmart for boot socks. just the regular plain jane white ones. for some reason i hate smart wool, even the thin ones make my feet sweat. i think i have overly sweaty feet cus these are the only socks that havent made my feet sweat. you know how regular cotton socks get crusty n shit, these dont. its weird.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads