So yeah, I'm new.

ClaySoul

Reaction score
And recently life has taken a turn that leaves me even more disillusioned with society and life in general.

I've been thinking of just taking off for a while now, years really, but I would like to do so with some knowledge and perhaps a traveling partner as I have never done anything like this before.

I'm in PA and would like to head west, I have no idea what I'll need to prepare for it and how to make it, so any help is appreciated...and if you are taking off and want someone to tag along....well lets talk?

Myechtatel

Reaction score
welcome. you should find all the info you need by searching threads on this forum. make sure you get a good pack. i recommend this: Kelty Trekker Backpack Men Camping Hiking
if you're not into external frame packs get a nice internal frame hiking pack. don't get a military pack. unless you want to be miserable. get a good sleeping bag that's light, warm and packs down small. no walmart shit. then get a good shelter. tent, tarp and bivy, whatever you prefer. the initial investment is gonna cost you around $500 but then you'll be free to go anywhere. don't overpack. take only the basics. don't start out with the mentality that you're going hiking for a week. you're not. you can get anything you need at a store which will usually be within walking distance. it's better to pick up stuff later than to be ditching shit from your pack.
travel partners are a good idea. be careful though. don't bring someone who's gonna bail on you.
hope that helped some. good luck.

SmilinSteph

Reaction score
I'm new too, and I'm looking for a travel buddy. What's up, I'm Steph.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads