Snow...

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
So as I usually do around this time of year...I get terribly frustrated and fucking hate winter.

So after some discussion with a very dear friend of mine...I'm considering getting the hell out of Canada for a while and heading South. But, more out of curiosity, how far south do I have to go to get away from this blanket of white bullshit (aka snow)?

D

Desert

Well, I live in Tennessee, and we usually see snow about once a year, and it usually melts in a couple hours. So maybe south of TN would be your best bet if you don't want to risk even glimpsing the white devil..

P.S. Stay out of mountainy areas.

travelin

Reaction score
im in east texas with brilliant sunshine and day time highs of mid fifties up into the seventies. there will be periods of rain and cold down into the twenties at night but there really isn't anything one could call winter here. we work outside every day on the farm that the rain doesn't stop us and sometimes we are even out in the rain because its not that cold. maybe see a snow dusting once a year and maybe not.

Reactions: benjysirois
L

LiveFreeDieFree

So as I usually do around this time of year...I get terribly frustrated and fucking hate winter.

So after some discussion with a very dear friend of mine...I'm considering getting the hell out of Canada for a while and heading South. But, more out of curiosity, how far south do I have to go to get away from this blanket of white bullshit (aka snow)?
Where you located? How you planning on crossing?

Q

Quail

I just tripped up to chicagoland from south florida and didn't see snow until verrry northern tennessee. After that was just a miserable blizzard-y hell. :( I concur, you should be fine after TN!

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
Well I think the Mississippi's calling my name then. Hope I get to run into you folks sometime in the near future! Thanks for the weather update :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads