Sneaking into burning man this year. FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20

Well seeing that i have very few friends that sounds like me most of the time. I like the communal atmosphere & energy of the event. I dont drink or do drugs anymore so that part of this event isnt for me.

I likecl the idea of a gps regardless of cell service but refuse to rely on electronics for navigation. Id rather have a topgraphical map & compass (i know there aint much elevation changes & landmarks in the desert but ifvi keep a running pace count I can navigate just as well)compass

D

Deleted member 20

Well seeing that i have very few friends that sounds like me most of the time. I like the communal atmosphere & energy of the event. I dont drink or do drugs anymore so that part of this event isnt for me.

I likecl the idea of a gps regardless of cell service but refuse to rely on electronics for navigation. I do use google maps for urban nav often or for satelite views of railyards but any experienced traveler will probably agree that when you most need a device the battery will be dead. Id rather have a topgraphical map & compass (i know there aint much elevation changes & landmarks in the desert but ifvi keep a running pace count I can navigate without relying on electricity. Please dont recomend a solar charger, ive tried em & they are shit.

I will still be actively searching cl for a face value ticket but have this as the backup plan. Often my backup plans have way more pre planning than plan A. Then plan B that is always less desirable comes into play & theb plans C thru Z are just a jumble of luck & trial & error. "I plan my dive & dive my plan" whenever possible.

Perhaps we can arrange a party om a huge floating iceberg?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

Well i just ate an indian taco after the burn. It was a successfull failure. I was gifted a ticket so didnt have to sneak in. I left before the man burn to beat the traffic back to san fran. Gonna be heading to sf then la & dipping my piggy toes in the pacific somewhere along the way to santa fe then back to mass.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Well i just ate an indian taco after the burn. It was a successfull failure. I was gifted a ticket so didnt have to sneak in. I left before the man burn to beat the traffic back to san fran. Gonna be heading to sf then la & dipping my piggy toes in the pacific somewhere along the way to santa fe then back to mass.

what's an indian taco?

D

Deleted member 20

Exactly. A lot of the area around BRC is on reservation land & they have popup type tents & services that cater to burners. Everything from selling trinkets, ice, water,bikes & gas to recycling bikes/coolers to sell back to burners next year. Indian tacos are like Mexican but served on fryebread.

Reaction score
I tried sneaking in last year... I gave my word to these guys that I would stick with them until we got caught or got in.... I regretted that very soon. I should have jumped out of the truck when we were on a hill outside the playa and walked across... But I don't like breaking my word and I was cool with these guys.. Any who, we got caught and got a $125 ticket..

D

Deleted member 20

I got in by using psychological warfare & positive mental attitude. Luck played a huge roll though.:D Even if I was approaching the perimeter on my belly this last year. The rare window of that huge rain storm would have allowed me a window to get in undetected but it would have been impossible to predict & only allow minutes to capitalize on by speed walking during the storm.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Why isn't there a Hilarious Emote...? mmmmmmmichael needs a hilarious emote... funny is not enough. ::cigar::

Blu

Reaction score
@highwayman

You posted at the beginning of this thread about keeping up to date on your Instagram. Would you be willing to share your username on here or PM? I have a decent number of traveling friends on there and would love to see your adventures on my feed. I searched highwayman a minute ago and none of the profiles listed came up with anything remotely travel related, which I find funny.

D

Deleted member 20

@Blu I am @trustedservanthood on IG. My ig is a bit of everything in my life, some traveling, some fishing, some churches, some biking, lots of concert stuff, family pics etc. I am unsure if there is much in & around this last years trip to the playa or anything of interest to anyone (my phone did get fried by using a solar charger that was reflecting off a mylar coated hexayurt). I still cant believe that up until it got ruined I was receiving calls in my tent out by 7 & k. It felt like an episode from he twylight zone.

Reaction score
I got in by using psychological warfare & positive mental attitude. Luck played a huge roll though.:D Even if I was approaching the perimeter on my belly this last year. The rare window of that huge rain storm would have allowed me a window to get in undetected but it would have been impossible to predict & only allow minutes to capitalize on by speed walking during the storm.
Yeah..

I was thinking of trying again, but I got A ride to the town A little outside it. Like the first one you come up on with all the masks. I just ended up getting drunk and hanging with those folks. I wish I tried again... I got to see BM at night on a huge hill next to the playa, which was super bad ass. Ya win some, ya lose some. ;)

Edit- And I tried for about 20 hours to get a ticket. Was running up and down the line of cars dancing and screaming "ONE TICKET! JUST ONE! IT'S ALL I NEED!"

Reactions: Preacher
D

Deleted member 20

I didnt try to get a ticket, the universe just provided one free after couchsurfing with fellow burners in Chicago. PMA, Luck & Timing is all.

D

Deleted member 20

A valiant effort. Love your posts/advice so I followed you on insta. I'm @niggers

Thanks for the IG support & since you appreciate my posts/advice than I will say that @niggers is a terrible username. I dont care if you are black, from the country of Niger or a card carrying member of the KKK or some other wingnut neonazi; theres no reason to bring that much negative attention on to yourself by using that user name.

I noticed that user name on ig this morning & wasnt gonna follow you back because of the name. Why did you choose that username on IG or anywhere? You do know that you can change your username on instagram as you mature. I have done it myself, I once was @some_call_me_mayhem & was known in real life as mayhem when drinking/drugging etc & now I am now @trustedservanthood (a name that combines my service to others & that I am a hoodlum aspiring to be better).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads