smileys (chain with a lock at the end)

P

Pheonix

10+ years ago during my prime hobo travels me and several others on the streets never went anywhere without our trusty smileys. But now it seems no one ever carries a smiley anymore and I'm just a little curious why? I remember a time when some idiots drunk on everclear threatened to come back to the hotel I was staying at with 2 friends with a gun to shot us. When they did come back we were ready for them and when they kicked in the door and charged into the room he was meet with a chain flying through the air wrapping around his face 1 1/2 times. When the chain was fully wrapped around his face a quick jerk was applied to the chain cutting the shit out of his face and twisting his head around forcing his entire body to spin around and into the corner of the room where he recieved some punches that shattered his already broken nose. The second guy never even made it into the room since he found out the hard way that a chain can wrap around a doorway and hit someone on the other side of the wall. He suffered a couple hits with the end of the chain to the face as well. The point I'm trying to make is a chain is an incredible weapon and a lock at the end makes it even more hardcore. But the cops were always taking smileys away from me and my friends if we didn't have the key to the lock but if we had the key then it was considered a tool until we brandished it as a weapon. I also used to use a doggie choke collar with a lock between the 2 loops as a smiley. This was back when I was a scumbag gutter punk and if a car pull up into the crosswalk when I was trying to cross the street I would swing my hips in a way so that the chain hanging out of my pocket would hit the car as I was walking past.

Weston

Reaction score
I don't have a chain, but I do have a bandana with a lock tied to it hanging out of my back pocket. Same idea, but the chain seems much more brutal. I've never had to use it.

cport420

Reaction score
Glad I know what to call it now but l have carried several versions of a smiley over the last 15 years. A very good weapon and the key is sorta needed if you use the chain to take it apart before you are arrested for having a weapon. Any family dollar can give you a nice chain one for next to nothing.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The chain from a chainsaw is a sick weapon, also a motorcycle chain is bad ass. These take a little more care and technique to wield than a smiley, but are way more effective.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads