Slovenia !!!!!!!!

otch0z

Reaction score
HEY ! I'm going to France this summer and there's this festival called Floating Castle in Slovenia.
I had never realised Slovenia was this far west in europe ! And now I'm trying to get info on that country because it seems fun and green with lots of water (something i'll def be craving in france)
Anybody's been there ? How's the bumming around ? How's busking ? How's hitchiking ?
bisous

Reactions: Lepobo88

Lepobo88

Kuzla
Reaction score
Heyo, nice to see my country mentioned here. Slovenia is full of life in summer, there is lots to do and lots to see.
Most of the country is green so that means there is a whole lot of farmers and just empty nice old forests. There is a shit ton of space to sleep outside in nature and cities are small and safe.

Hitchiking is quite easy if people see you are a turist. It is the easiest in the northern region due Alps and thousands of nice hikers. It is almost impossible on the south side because of immigrant problems - Police is anxious and people do not trust.

Floating castle is one of the biggest festivals here, but be sure to check festivals in Tolmin during the summer juuhu.

People like alcohol and it is the only effective way to talk to mostly grumpy slovenians. For busking Ljubljana is okay, in other cities is almost nonexistent:(. Check Metelkova ulica when in Ljubljana.

Overall nice countryside, irritable people, nice events and weather in the summer. I feel biased tho.

Good luck!

• Thank you
Reactions: marymemarryme

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads