slo county animal services dangerous dog declaration

cassandra

Reaction score
Hi i am posting to see if there might be anyone in the area that might be able to help us. Our dog sid is at slo county animal services. 2 homebums teased him and got bit. They declared him potentially dangerous and are giving us 30 days to find a place to put a dog kennel or that has a 6' privacy fence. Nobody will help us save him because they dont want the liability. We were on our way back up north for trim season when this happened. He has been stuck there since july. We have to either find someone who owns the property because animal services will inspect or come up with a crew of people to run a recon and steal him plus a few other pups and have a ride out. We dont know what else to do. We have tried everything. They denied 4 homes already due to landlord denial or owner doesnt want to be liable "if" something else happens. We have a muzzle for him so there wont be any other accidents. Please we have 30 days or they will euthanize him. He isnt vicious he just doesnt like wingnuts or people picking at him.

Attachments

• 20150326_163258.jpg
    20150326_163258.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 368
D

Deleted member 13433

ok, here's the thing: I'm on the east coast so there's nothing I can do, on the other hand even if I was near you, my own dog of chaos would not dig the extra company nor would I be into the idea of saying to the law that a dog lives here that don't.
Oddly enough, I have done that - but I knew the dogs and I knew they were in a good home, actually - that's wrong - I did that so my dog could be fostered elsewhere before she was my dog, I let the liberator use my address so this dog could be saved.
**My dog became my dog after I saw how horribly she was being neglected from the person who got her out of the pound [a few hours before being gassed].

Why was the dog going to be gassed ??
Because the dog was a known troublemaker and escape artist.

Now here's the thing - my dog became my dog once I saw that she was going to be given away to the first person who would take her, because the foster'er decided that Loki was "unmanagable".

Around this time - Loki looked at me with very sad eyes for a way out, and I was able to pull it off.

A week later once in my place, Loki's so called problems were gone, because Loki was simply looking for a forever home, which she now has.

However - I have to be very careful with my dog - because she does not get along with other dogs, unsavory characthers, etc etc....

Which brings us back to your situation: I'm reading that your dog bit two homebums.

I'm reading that SLO declared your animal potentially dangerous.
I'm reading that you need someone who'll say the dog lives with them so you can get your dog out and then be on your way.
I'm reading that you want to ["come up with a crew of people to run a recon and steal him plus a few other pups and have a ride out"]
I'm also reading that ["We have a muzzle for him so there wont be any other accidents."]

I got news for you - muzzles ain't the answer, I carry one myself - along with a break stick - because my "always leashed dog" has been attacked twice by loose dogs, and my dog is now in total KEN mode [kill everyone now] when she feels a threat, which I cannot blame her for.

The answer is keeping your dog away from any kind of situation which can lead to trouble.

About these homebums who you say ["teased him and got bit"] was anything done to stop the teasing ??

Did the homebums get the shit beat out of them since ??
Your man looks like he could dish out a vicious beating if provoked.

No listen, don't get me wrong - I genuinely feel bad for your dog, but before you even think of getting more pups - make sure you can handle the one you have.

Because I am a dick and research everything that comes my way before passing judgement, I decided to go here and see things for myself: http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/AServ/asfindanimal.htm

Is this where your dog [is it one dog or two ??] is located at ??

I did not see him [Sid] here.................... ^^

I looked into that place and it seems to be one of the better places an animal could wind up, as their kill rates are pretty low - and usually not without reason.

Again, I'm really sorry about your situation, and of course your dog situation, but asking kids to go steal your dogs is not the answer either.

**You need to figure out how your going to keep your dog safe and sound, which in turn will get your dog released back to you.

Always remember: Your dogs come first before everything.

Your dogs depend on you, they need you, they look up to you - and if this incident does not have a happy ending, then use it as a learning experience so something this does not ever happen again, because it's the dog that are the ones who always suffer the most in the end.

Good Luck.

PS. I saw both your posts immediately after you posted them.
I have no answer as to why I remained silent until now.

D

Deleted member 13433

Hey, I have no idea why the second half of my post got crossed out, guess I ain't welcome here anymore....................

It happens.
It happens....................

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads