sleeping along I-10

travelin

Reaction score
i will suggest not stopping at night between van horne texas and wilcox arizona. the border patrol and local cops will fuck with you anywhere along I10 there unless in urban areas.

that total distance is about 350 miles and its bad on gettin questioned by border patrol. they cant really do anything, but its a hassle to be detained for two hours while a state trooper comes and runs your ID.

when making the I10 run i like to stop in deming and then usually a quick stop in lordsburg before heading on west through tucson.

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
Deming is good, theres a motel that usually has free rooms for traveling folk. Otherwise, rest stops are the best bet, flying js and such. And i'm in tempe/mesa, az, feel free to stop by.

D

Deleted member 363

Wal-Mart Supercenters

I just did a rode trip, and I slept in the far end of the parking lot every night. Supercenters are everywhere, easy to find, and Wal-mart doesn't care if you stay. Some even have a security car going all night, because they have so many RVers.

dolittle

Reaction score
On the West side of Lordsburg is a loves truck stop. Right next door is a tourist trap. U GOT to check it out!! It's all things New Mexico. See if they have a copy of the book by a local women about her family & their ranch. It's an Awsome story. Elpaso Tx is sorta dangerous. But its a beautiful city with Lots to see. South of Beaumont Tx, Port Arthur is a costal gost town with a Buddist Temple. There is another Temple there, can't remember to Who or where.

dolittle

Reaction score
Kent Tx has an old school building made of rocks. It's just the frame now, but way cool. Deming NM is a cool town. Road side artwork in Tucson & Phoenox. You HAVE to plan time to explore Quartzsite Az. There use to be, mabe still is, a vender there with the best Indian tocos. Personally, I think any well lit gas station, close to the front door, is a good place to park for the night. If U tell night crew U'r traveling & need a safe place to nap, Most will keep an eye on U during their shift.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
under the tree

travelin

Reaction score
On the West side of Lordsburg is a loves truck stop. Right next door is a tourist trap. U GOT to check it out!! It's all things New Mexico. See if they have a copy of the book by a local women about her family & their ranch. It's an Awsome story. Elpaso Tx is sorta dangerous. But its a beautiful city with Lots to see. South of Beaumont Tx, Port Arthur is a costal gost town with a Buddist Temple. There is another Temple there, can't remember to Who or where.

that is exactly the place in lordsburg that i stop at. definately the walmart in deming. i have always tried to go from lordburg up past tucson before my next stop, though one trip i was dead tired and had to stop at a rest area and sleep a few hours just past where you go through texas canyon.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads