skins and crusties

mymotherisafish

Reaction score
Recently I met a punk band on tour from the boston area in cincy and they invited me to go on tour with them. They werent a skinhead band but they played some shows with skin bands. At jurassic park in chicago there was a skin band who sold shirts that said "never trust a crust". They got in my face and talked tons of shit to me. They knew nothing about crust punk, they thought I listened to the grateful dead hahah. It got to the point where the band I was with wouldnt let me walk around alone cause they thought id get stabbed. Then at a show in austin, one skinhead warned me about a group there and said if I saw any of them approaching or looking at me I should immediately leave the venue. This dude was cool, he bought me a thirty rack. Anyway, before this I hadnt run into any skins in years, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced or heard of anything similar?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've never seen a skin in austin...

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
Recently I met a punk band on tour from the boston area in cincy and they invited me to go on tour with them. They werent a skinhead band but they played some shows with skin bands. At jurassic park in chicago there was a skin band who sold shirts that said "never trust a crust". They got in my face and talked tons of shit to me. They knew nothing about crust punk, they thought I listened to the grateful dead hahah. It got to the point where the band I was with wouldnt let me walk around alone cause they thought id get stabbed. Then at a show in austin, one skinhead warned me about a group there and said if I saw any of them approaching or looking at me I should immediately leave the venue. This dude was cool, he bought me a thirty rack. Anyway, before this I hadnt run into any skins in years, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced or heard of anything similar?
I used to live in Uptown, Chi and was really involved with the south side Latin Punk scene. There was an Anarchist Skins and Punx (ASAP) Unity Crew at the time (2003-5) that were some of the only skins I was ever friends with and they were also part of that scene.

But there was a crew called the Chicago Mafia Skins (CMS) that I never saw around but they hated us and one of there main guys murdered an elderly Asian fisherman just south of my neighborhood and only got a couple years for it.

Then there's the '77s who at least used to be tight with CMS, and everyone on here should be aware of them. Sort of like CMS the only time I ever saw one of them he was running away from a bunch of the ASAP guys at a Subhumans UK show, but they are really into jumping crusties ten on one and crap like that, and one of them got away with killing a street artist in Logan Square, Chi some years back.

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
I got threatened by some skin head guy from that band rum rebellion. I cleaned up tons of shit for them and even shared cases of beer and food I bought.
Still got shit talk to me for no reason.
Definitely a piece of fuckin shit person.
But other than that all the skins i grew up around in New Jersey going to hardcore shows and what not, where pretty cool dudes. They Always looked out for me when i was a young gun

Johnny Maddox

Reaction score
Never had a problem with a skin, nor seen them give crusties a hard time. Hell, I've seen racist skins around brown people without either causing problems. They get a worse name than they deserve in my opinion.
They're not all racist scum. Most are just blue collar workers that like suspenders and doc martens.

Reactions: eli

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads