ski bummin - homeless in Breck???

stvnb333

Reaction score
whats up all?
I'm Smilee, 21, and I be a VT ski bum,
i have the chance to head west tommorow all the way to CO through a ride share, (been tryin to get back for 4 yrs now),
and im wondering what its like out there to be on the street, spangin, findin work, etc right now. I'm shootin for the breck area, or maybe boulder or something like that till the snow hits. Any info is good info!!
happy travels!!!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
all depends on where you are... i imagine those touristy ski towns ...the cops probably arent too keen on spangin/campin/etc.....

stvnb333

Reaction score
so, sounds like campings a no go from my research, but hey its the mtns! its easy enough not to be found. (or i hope so atleast i know it is in vt) and i'm a rather respectfull fellow (unless im gettin fucked with for no good reason ofcourse) i just hope theres some sorta bullshit crap job available so i can get a van by the winter time :) i'll be workin a resort for the winter too though (actually happy bout that) so hopefully they'll take it easy seeing how im trying to be a "productive member of society".

ha, i cant even say that while keeping a straight face, all fuckin america seems to be now is, follow our norm or be exiled (even though the "norm" seems to be failing miserably right now), or my personal favorite saying, "welcome to america the free... ...heres the rule book!!"

anyway i'm leavin in the morning it looks like, so i'll just have to hope for the best, wish me luck!!

happy travels!!
and to all my fellow ski bums i offer a winter time toast,
"i raise my glass to the powder turn and send a toast to the backcountry, for another epic shred is bout to begin,
so grab your board and carry your skis, cause whiskey and trees, till we cant feel our knees!! Cheers!!"
(i kno theres no snow yet, but try it sometime, got me a few free rounds on multiple occasions :)

stvnb333

Reaction score
and any word on boulder area would still be great, i know theres no camping, but i may chill round there when i first get out and spange enough for ramen diners till i find work in the mtns

kyle

Reaction score
Estes Park is a nice little town in Colorado VERY high end touristy, I only met one homeless guy there and he said he made food and money way easy on the streets

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
crested butte was my favorite ski town in CO, lots of cool peeps and a sick mtn.
i was homeless in telluride and working 2 jobs for most of a winter many years ago but didnt really like it that much. I slept in a squatter cabin and friends floors and unlocked bathrooms a lil bit but mostly in the town campground showers.
According to some friends Breck has squatter cabins, some of them really large like house size. Could try those but really, it is winter, fuck that.
Where u from in VT? Thats my home state

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads