Sideshow

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
hey, names Sideshow, looking to get the hell out of florida, but it will have to wait till after this winter when christmas trees are sold, that way im back on the road with a bit of dough, have to stay in this shithole for now, i hate this state, ive never posted be4 on this site, but i figure this is the coolest bunch of people, most others are bogus, im a guitar player, i will have money after this year if anyone is interested to take a trip to cali or colorado after the end of this year, ive been sorta rubber tramping it for the past few number of years . . . write back if interested, nuff said
reading the message i wrote earlier, ive realized i havent quite made myself clear, i need sum1 with a ride to get the hell out of florida with after this year passes, if not ill rubber tramp, not like i havent done it be4, but hell, it would make it alot easier with a vehicle if sumone thinks theyll be down here around that time,sumthing like that anyhow, of course im posting this really early, i like to be ready before i have this kinda crap go down, so there it is . . . guess i got a number of months of reposting ahead of me . . .

carnytrash

Reaction score
Website
carnytrash.tumblr.com
Out of curiosity, how'd you get your name?

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
well, sumone once called me sideshow while i was in jail one time, due to the fact my hair was a deep red when i was younger and it would just be all over the place you know, like sideshow bob? and i took a liking the the name so now if anyone asks for a street name, i reply sideshow, leave out the bob, that is my first name, but i just figure i aint that dude you seen on the simpsons

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
before i leave this page, once more, name is sideshow, looking to fet the hell out of florida, might hop out, i dont know about these trains out here though, and i aint big on that sort of thing, plus i got to stay the hell away from lousiana, dont like it there, when i leave going with guitar on back, fishing rod, knifes, just to let you know now, im not the violent type, tent, and hopefully some icky sticky green stuff that will last a good month or so, traveling musician is basically the way i sum myself up,

carnytrash

Reaction score
Website
carnytrash.tumblr.com
Ah, that makes sense. Was thinking maybe you had some neat-o trick up your sleeve or something. Much luck to you getting out of Flordia. Maybe check out the ride/meetup board and see if anyone else is on the same road.

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
thanks carny, its taking me a bit to get use to this website, ill check that out, i fiure this would be a better spot to hit up on a ride, plus to get to know friends, because im stuck to my lifestyle, i mean i try to work, but i cant stand the assholes i meet, plus im trying to learn off the land, i believe the way of life us americans have is a bunch of bullshit, still planning for trip out west, hoping to find a bunch of cool hippies, not the bad types that seem to be in abundance lately in the world, smoke herb and chill the fuck out with my guitar, in some downtown area, because i dont spang, well, not a whole lot, go fishin, whatever the fuck else, florida sucks, i hate this state, thats just to update things, by the way, hey carny trash, have you ever been to Gibsonton down here in Florida, some call it clown town? hope you get this message, and thanks for your advice once again . . .

krystlemeth

Reaction score
i'm slaving to replace my car's clutch and then venturing out of florida. sounds like we've got complimenting vibes, willing to provide means of transportation. plenty of room in my car for your instruments and mine lol.

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
i'm slaving to replace my car's clutch and then venturing out of florida. sounds like we've got complimenting vibes, willing to provide means of transportation. plenty of room in my car for your instruments and mine lol.
hello krystal, good to hear from you, yeah, it would be cool if you let me tag along with you, although my plans are to be in california, and it would be preferable to me if it could wait until after the christmas season is through with, due to the fact i can make some good money selling christmas trees in this area, im currently in the tampa bay area, hillsborough county to be exact, im not too great with the web, not certain if this message will get back at you or not, but i hope you get this, that way we could figure out if this is good for you, by the way, i noticed you mentioned about your instruments, what do you play? what kind of music are you into? as you have read i do play guitar myself, im not great, but i love to play, anywho, write back when you get the chance, let me know if this fits your plans or not, other than that, if i dont hear back from you, you take care of yourself

krystlemeth

Reaction score
i'm now planning to head west so i'd definitely be going through california, probably eventually ending up in seattle to see a wonderful individual before they trade their soul off to the navy. i'm in brevard county, been staying around rockledge and cocoa beach. after the christmas season might actually be perfect, the government has offered me quite a chunk of financial aid money if i go to community college for a bit, and i get to keep whatever money i don't use. if i can bring myself to do it i only have to take a couple classes for a semester, figure i'll take an art class and music theory. i think i can put aside the issues i have with college if it will help me get out of the confines of this state. (i need 1k to replace my car's clutch.) the semester would end with the end of december.

music's been my drug of choice lately with the absence of herb in my life..cost is high, pay is low lol the money's always gone. i play guitar, banjo, mandolin, and keyboard. i incorporate a bit of theremin sometimes too. though i'd probably only be bringing my guitar and mandolin. mainly classic rock and blues rooted, but i enjoy folk/ska/punk/thrash

Reactions: s3nt13nt

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
thats alot of muscial apptitude you must have to be playing all four of those, i know a little about banjo, i think its in open g tuning most of the time, mandolin im unfamiliar with, but i know led zeppelin, i believe, used it quite a bit, and keyboard and can figure out the actual notes to, but if i ever play anything on a piano i translate whatever i know on guitar to it, and most of the time that aint a good idea, even though really a piano is a stringed instrument too, but ive not sure how to re-string one of those, lol, you have some great musical tastes, krystal, i think you should pursue

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
college, art class and music theory are probably some great classes to take, what i know musically i schooled myself in when it comes to music theory, but anyways, you almost sound as though youd prolly be able to make a great musical teacher, you sound as though you can read treble clef and the bass clef, i can figure out what the note is that it shows in clefs, but it takes me a long time, i raised myself on reading tabs or chord names, and then figuring it out, you might be able to get financial aid out in california, or get them to some how move it out there, if your interested in taking those classes, im not certain but i guess you are already taking the classes right now? if you have to hold it up, at the end of the year i will have money, i can throw in as much as i can help with to try and get you vehicle operational, hopefully i will have enough if your unable to cover that cost for the repair, im pretty certain i will, but it will leave me with little left for the trip afterwards, but there is always someway to make some money, once we are on the roads, you realize it a bit, you may have heard people talk on this website about spanging, you got a vehicle, and i please do not miscontrue what i say next, i dont want to offend you, but honestly, your a woman, men are going to be willing to help you out, but i dont want to show you that sort of lifestyle, i dont take a liking to spanging, but i sure as hell will put down my guitar case on the side, and bust out a song, because i love that sort of crap, but thats the same damn thing, lol, i hope your situation isnt to dyer out there in brevard county? your just on the opposite side of the state, well, im glad to hear you might be willing to stick around until after christmas, once christmas day is here, ill probably be selling off the last bit of christmas trees off a lot in riverview that ill be at, and a good fat wad of cash, hopefully and feel certain it will be, and if you havent left by that point, we can help each other out, write me back when you get the chance,

crow

Reaction score
Dude.. I think I was in fucking jail with you. Only for like 4 days. C block. It was boring as shit. but there was a guy called sideshow with gnarly reddish hair talking bout how he'd hitched from like miami and gotten arrested and screwed over by the cops cuz they were keeping him in for like a year and a day because of money and shit after sideshow got fucking attacked. shit's fuckt.. Is that you?
Sideshow's a pretty cool dude.

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
Dude.. I think I was in fucking jail with you. Only for like 4 days. C block. It was boring as shit. but there was a guy called sideshow with gnarly reddish hair talking bout how he'd hitched from like miami and gotten arrested and screwed over by the cops cuz they were keeping him in for like a year and a day because of money and shit after sideshow got fucking attacked. shit's fuckt.. Is that you?
Sideshow's a pretty cool dude.
i dont think that was me, might ive been in solitary and said some shit like that, but sorry, ive never hitched from miami, actually never been over to the east side of florida, other than in the greyhound bus terminals in jacksonville and orlando, but as for hitching from miami ive never have been there, i heard its a rough mutherfucker over there though . . . i dont know if i really ever want to head over that way, especially with my guitar, that would suck if anything happened to it, that would put me out of buisness, id be in a world of shit beyond that point, what the streets like over in miami?

krystlemeth

Reaction score
been quenching my thirst musically independently thus far as well, but there's so much more left to learn so i definitely wouldn't mind taking a theory class. there's also classes devoted to just about any instrument, may look into those as well. though honestly 20% is all you can teach in a class, the rest is all up to the player. wouldn't be bad to just play all class though haha, my kind of schooling.

and i don't believe in simply flying a sign expecting cash for nothing but i have no problem offering music in return for whatever cash onlookers and passerbys care to spare, i have done this many times when in need. around wherever i find myself i almost always have an instrument and a case for monetary to be thrown. sounds as though we would work quite well off each other musically and we can certainly do this as we go to get by.

i've been selling my possessions i don't need daily, my project instruments i've acquired over the years, old works and canvases..so i should have a decent amount of cash when embarking. though i suppose i need to stop simply giving things away..

i think i will pursue classes. i'm not taking any now, i would start them in august.
brevard isn't too treacherous, the stationary life always gets to me and my housing situation is dismal but i know plenty with welcoming couches. the beaches are mighty accommodating as well. so i will get by, i can definitely stick it out till the christmas season reaches an end.

hope all is well for you there!

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
i would love to be able to play all day everyday, of course its still good to take a break now and then, but ill still be wanting to return to my guitar, cant ever get away from that, lol, im apart of guitarists anonymous, i cant wait to hear you play, but of course, we got a trip ahead of us, thats a ways off though, id love to say i got the dough we need to make it over to seattle to where your going, but i ain barely got anything right now, but just enuff to put food on the table, although i have been stocking up on strings lately, i think i need to change the ones i got on now actually come to think of it, i like to really stretch out the life of my strings,

thank you for waiting until after the christmas season is over, i dont want to hamper in any way, hows the beach life? your prolly sort of living it up sort like, whats that guys name, jimmy buffett, although alot of what i hear from him sounds folksy to me, but then again, its not like country, but its gotten enuff airplay in the past, its sortov poppish, im anti pop, but hes alright,
im glad you got plenty of peeps to chill with over there, ive lived in some horrible places, but then again ive also, lived like a king on other occassions, im not sure what life is like over there in brevard, have you lived there all your life?
ive spent my life, the best way i can sum it up, half in Texas, half in Florida, ive also stayed some number of months in these other states: Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Tennessee, i dont think i have any preference as to where to live, but i do know i hate Florida, i cant recall a time when i found it to be good to be down here, ive spent my life, when ive lived in Florida only here in Hillsborough County, every place has got some pros, and has got some cons, but i just never found Florida to be good, not only is it humid as hell, people seem to have a different attitude in these parts, but please dont think im talking shit, ive got my bad points, everybody does, its just ive found it harder to relate to people down here than i ever would have out in the midwest,
im sorry your having to give away your things, remember please, i will have money when we embark, so you wont need to spend a whole lot on the journey, write me, tell me whats happening over in brevard, i like to hear from you, sideshow

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
bored as hell- - - fuck it heres listening material for anyone interested - - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs&ob=av2e classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXiOo9ktaNw i was a big metal fan when i was a teen, metallica anthrax megadeth still kick ass in my book http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k64ScgLpP3Y&feature=related one more for anthrax . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqNPFCp2-B8 john prine folk guitarist, i like his material http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llIQUqfljr0&ob=av2n good song, unique band faith no more, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqexThzOOC0&feature=related dedicated to a friend who might be reading this crap i put up on here, heres to you wolf happy hunting evry1 peace

crow

Reaction score
Yeah, 305 is nasty. If you don't get jumped by crackheads, you're bound to get jumped by the cops. There are good areas.. ate a mean-ass burger at some joint in miami. And met some cool people that helped me hitch out of town. but there are a lot of shady areas.. I was in a place called homestead, and on the paper in the gas station was a list of 20 15 yr olds that were killed in stray gunfire. And my roaddawg was trying to buy drugs there.. some shady shit.. they were eying us bad. Personally.. I can't wait to get probey over with and get out of this state. Sucks you're not the same sideshow.. would be a trip, man. And yeah.. some dumbass kids smashed my guitar at one of my spots.. smashed it into my firepit.. I couldn't believe it. Why not pawn it or something?

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
just hang in there crow, complete the probey, itll be hell, and you will be one of the few, i never took prbation in my life, i think its just a system setup for my failure, plus i cant handle them taking abig chunk of my money, sucks to hear your guitar got smashed bro, id be one pissed off motherfucker at that point had i been there to see it, hell, even if the guitar wasnt mine, sounds to me like there is no need for me to ever head to that side, then again, evry place has its pros and cons, im not going to pawn my guitar, maybe if iget enough money to buy another, either that or give it away when i get another, take it ez man, dont stress over probey, once its over with boom, no more them taking your money and no more classes or whatever they have you do, i have of a few people whove evaded it by going over state lines, but you would have to go a good couple of states, that way it would cost them more money and time for extradition and they wouldnt be then so driven to keep a leash on you, but your doing it now, you might as well finish it up, take it ez

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads