1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Shower idea

Discussion in 'Staying Healthy' started by zaye rodriguez, Dec 6, 2017.

1. zaye rodriguez

zaye rodriguez Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Disabled retired vet, student, mailroom attendent
    Address:
    Berkeley, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    Beaches that have showers! Yes! my bf thought about that one. Im probably late wuth this info, but we're noobs so...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Timm

Timm Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Qualified welder/metal fabricator
    Address:
    Warburton, VIC, Australia
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +251 / -1
    Yeah. That could work. I dont know about the states but here in australia the showers at the beaches (if toilets/showers/changerooms are available) are cold showers only. Have you thought of checking out your local swimming pools? They'll have hot showers. Might cost a few bob to get in tho. Otherwise truck stops will have showers. Dont know how much they'd charge in the us but here in australia i was paying on average $4 a shower at truck stops on a recent road trip from melbourne to uluru. If you're lucky you might be able score a free shower from a trucker who's got to many shower credits (ive only read that from other stpers postings, havent done it myself)

3. Timm

Timm Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Qualified welder/metal fabricator
    Address:
    Warburton, VIC, Australia
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +251 / -1
    Another idea is caravan/rv parks where people on holiday/vacation stay at. They often have a swimming pool as well, laundry facilities (coin operated) the toilet blocks might need a code. But i dont think the code changes everyday or even at all. Pay for it your first time to get the code and If the place is big enough you may be able sneak in on your second time or more. Free hot shower! Just be careful tho. Management would probably take a dim view of you getting free showers on their dime

4. Spider Tempura

Spider Tempura Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Address:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +123 / -2
    goto poolside area of beach resort or hotel with pool, reach over fence to open gate from inside pushbar (horray for safety building codes), use pool hottubs and showers etc. dont forget the free towel and a cruise around for those leftovers from room service left outside the door.

i like to squat cabana bay hotel in orlando, its easy to get into as the fence poolside is always fked up, its the cheapest of the universal hotels and their repair standards show it. getting into their parking lot for free is easy, most of the cards dont work on the gate so everyone basically gets buzzed in, if asked just provide a common name or first floor room number, clerks never check especially during the busy checkin and checkout peak times.

in beach towns there are soo many places with pools its not funny.

waterparks are good too, free water all day long as long as you hop the right section of fence.

5. Sam Punter

Sam Punter is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Louisville, KY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    KOA campgrounds all have nice shower facilities. Charge $3-5 just to shower. State parks, National parks, Corps of Engineers campgrounds with showers will let you use their showers for two or three bucks. Or ... I see people pull up after dark and take a quick shower without paying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Satanic Botanic

Satanic Botanic is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Denton, TX, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +39 / -0
    If you're already at the beach, might as well just hop on in the ocean with your soap. Much better shower idea imo.

7. CaptainCassius

CaptainCassius One of the Regulars

Achievements:
    Commander Rubber-Tramp
    Address:
    Sacramento, California, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +74 / -3
    ^^ good suggestions from everyone.

My additional $0.02:

If you feel like being a Wal-Martian, they got a cheap 'solar shower' for $5 if I remember correctly.. I'm sure other camping places would have it too.
    It's a 5 gallon water bladder with black backing and a ball valve. Go to the hardware store and get a little longer hose, strap it to your vehicle's roof rack boom you got yer self a somewhat respectable 'camp' shower.

Also great for carrying additional potable water.

Rolls up fairly compact and has a hook so you can fix it to a tree or some other object. Makes it suitable for even those traveling on foot.

• Like Like x 1