Sheds outside Home Depot (1 Viewer)

ATX

Current Location
Melbourne, FL
Don't think that this entirely counts as squatting, but honestly the only area I could think of as relavent.

Has anyone ever tried sleeping in one of those display sheds outside of home depot overnight? They leave them out, doors open even when they're closed. There's a pretty cool looking two story one outside the one here in Knightdale, NC. Just go up to the second story after closing, wake up before they open and dip. As long as they don't see you I guess it could be straight.

Anyone ever done it?

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
bad idea. asking for trouble imo. if its anything like lowes hardware they check them nightly, hell i was even scared hanging out behind them a few months back pulling the old spacebag scam with a friend. they are more often locked, and if they are open those places start employees working very early. shit like this isnt a good look for anybody. its stunts like this that get a person a 3 day free pass then the rest of the community a life of hassle when they get caught with 7 people 14 dogs and a stolen cop car inside of them. come on.

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
If you're cool, just walk up inside like you own the damn place (or at least are shopping) and pick out a spot.
Jk:)

I've dwelled for a bit at a store which was really cool (not cool as in they didn't care I was in there, cool as in they didn't have a clue I was their neighbor). The sheds are being locked as stores notice people are using them, leaving trash, stinking them up, etc. If it is an emergency and you need immediate shelter, there ya go. This is one of those things which will rarely work on even a semi-permanent basis. You will be discovered before long, with certainty.

Killjoy

Lurker
At Menards the morning stockers come in at 5am. And I believe Night stockers leave a bit after 10pm

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
I love Menard... they have the best deal on beef fuckin jerky.

Fuck the IHOP of construction The iphone of Home fucking depot.

Kal

Pilgrim
Current Location
Everywhere
I have spent the night in one and I had no problems but I was quiet and left no mess.

highwayman

Emperor of the North Pole
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Mostly in New Bedford, Mass when home.
I have stayed in dozens of them & never had a problem. Most stores screw 1 door open so that police can drive by but once in awhile you can find one with a closeable door to keep the doors closed & sleep in late. I have slept with 2 other kids & a dog before & never got hasseled with the door open.. I often also sleep in the back of 53' van trailers (not attached to tractors of course or with much probability of being hooked up while asleep) that are often empty everywhere you look.

Tatanka

Rambler
Current Location
Potter County PA
Wyoming me and a buddy pulled some sometimes drunken stunts. Slept in the back of the a furniture stores box truck a few nights. It was in evanston in the middle of a well lit parking lot. Had an over head light inside as well. Slept in an empty shed in a mechanics shop yard in Rawlins. And like Molotov quoted me on. Slept in Cheyenne home depot sheds and two other kids slept in another. We rolled out late and my friend went in and got us the free coffee. We looked a bit and peaced quickly

Current Location
Los Angeles
They make great & cheap long termTiny Houses if you can find a place to set one up but are great shelter while traveling.
Believe it or not, these sheds have been on my mind since I was 16 as a nearly perfect simple structure that someone could just use as a "home base" (minus the UNgodly mortgage) while exploring the world!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Almost to Jax anyone about?
Cinderella castle would make a damn good apocalypse house
A Simple Step Van wrote on snailormoon's profile.
Welcome to the site. Whattaya mean when you say you work with native Californian wildlife? Like, do you get paid for it or is it sarcasm? Curious am I. ~ peace
In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!
The pnw is almost as bad as i remembered, maybe a little better this time, but still bad.