Sewing Courtesy of Uncle Sam

sleep

Reaction score

sleep

Reaction score
If you sign up for a free account on scribd you can download the pdf file. Its worth the effort they have tons of good books on there.

http://www.scribd.com

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
This is indeed a pretty cool guide. I have a question about general patching though. Are most of you guys hemming in your patch before sewing onto you <whatever?>? This seems like a lot of extra work, with extra stiches and all, using twice the dental floss, and an absolutely mess of stitches when you're done patching it onto the <whatever>.

farmer john

Reaction score
i do if im bored and have the time if im in a hurry or im not bored i just backstich it on

sleep

Reaction score
If you choose not to hem cut out your patch out with pinking shears to keep unraveling to a minimum.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Decent manual. I'll stick to my current methods though. That being stitching homemade band patches onto my jacket, shorts, etc. All while procrastinating severely when it comes to patching holes. I own way too many clothes for my own good (downside of having an apartment with family), and out of maybe 12 pairs of pants, only 1 pair has no holes in the crotch or high stress areas.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads