[Sep 26, 2013] Wasteland Weekend (California City, CA) | Squat the Planet

[Sep 26, 2013] Wasteland Weekend (California City, CA)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Join over a thousand fans coming from all over the the United States (and beyond) to gather in the Southern California desert for a four-day post-apocalyptic party. Set up camp at our wasteland compound, surrounded by specially-built sets. Costumes are required and post-apocalyptic campsites and vehicles are encouraged. Live for four days in a world pulled straight out of the Mad Max movies, beyond the grip of so-called civilization.

Top DJs and bands from all over will provide the soundtrack, fire dancers and bonfires will light up the night, and modified vehicles will shake the earth with their engines. Don’t miss it!
This is an ADULTS ONLY event.

Please see the website www.wastelandweekend.com for more information.

Reactions: Ping Pong

Ping Pong

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone ever gone to this before or plan on going this year? I'd love to hear your story. If I go this year, which I'm thinkin I just may, it'll be my first time to this event. For those of you who have gone, any recommendations on what kind of gear/supplies should be packed other than the regular stuff and things? Thanks!

P

pigpen

at first I was stoked, then I read of the 100 dollar admission fee. and "costumes" are required? dogs are the only animal other than human allowed. ugh, read the FAQ.

http://wastelandweekend.com/about/f-a-q

was hoping this would be an event in celebration of and preparation for the coming collapse of civilization. the more I read into it, the more it seems like a fucking sci-fi convention.

Ping Pong

Reaction score
100 bones... yeah, that's pretty steep. Still, I'm interested and would be curious to hear stories of the event if anyone has any to tell.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
at first I was stoked, then I read of the 100 dollar admission fee. and "costumes" are required? dogs are the only animal other than human allowed. ugh, read the FAQ.

http://wastelandweekend.com/about/f-a-q

was hoping this would be an event in celebration of and preparation for the coming collapse of civilization. the more I read into it, the more it seems like a fucking sci-fi convention.

yeah, this is a cosplay event. i still think it would be rad. probably better than burning man, and i don't think 100 bucks is unreasonable.

Reactions: eske silver

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
also, i think the costume requirement keeps the "tourists" out, so it doesn't become like burning man.

Reactions: eske silver

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Yea man! Screw Turding Man!
I'd be down - This does look seriously awesome!
but seriously... Who has 100$ to spare? Plus getting out there. Do they at least feed and water you for free? What about booze? Do they supply free booze?

Psh

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Yea man! Screw Turding Man!
I'd be down - This does look seriously awesome!
but seriously... Who has 100$ to spare? Plus getting out there. Do they at least feed and water you for free? What about booze? Do they supply free booze?

Psh

Ha i doubt it. If burning man doesn't include free booze for 300+ dollars...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads