Seeking suggestions: Oregon coast | Squat the Planet

Seeking suggestions: Oregon coast

Curly

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here, this is my first post. Getting on the road in a couple days to head up the Pacific Northwest. Never been more West than Vegas so I am very excited for this trip especially because I have never been up the Northwest (though I have been wanting to for some time). My buddy and I are hitting the coast but we will not have much time(one day not multiple days) to mosey about as we will head inland to hit the string summit at hornings hideout. Looking for recommendations/ or any direction to some reserved, beautiful, low key coastal hangouts/beaches (I am aware that part of the coast is high with cliffs). Any bit of information is helpful.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
See now that's a very specific question and the answer is probably not going to be all that easy to find using the search feature. You're new here so you probably don't know what I'm on about so I'll explain. We get a lot of people that are new who ask questions like "Hey, new here thinkin about riding the rails.. could use all the information I can get thx" and it's like.. you shithead, that's impossible to answer. Use the search feature and maybe get a little more specific with the search words. Nobody is going to even attempt to write it all out for you.

But your question is very specific. You want to know about low key coastal hangouts in the PNW. I don't think that's going to yield anything by using the search feature. It's too narrowed down. If that sounds negative it isn't, it's great! A new person with an actual question that cannot be found by simply searching. One that the members can actually help out with and it wouldn't take much effort from anyone at all. I hope people chime in with some good spots, I don't know of any I just write a lot. Be safe on those shores, good treads on them boots and such.

Oh and welcome!

Curly

Reaction score
I dont want it explained out right for me as I do not believe that is possible either, just whispering into the wind here and hoping to here a few short whispers back (perhaps they will help prosper some direction in my head)

Thank you!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Absolutely. I wasn't faulting anything at all about your post. It's refreshing to see one that couldn't be found easily with the search function, that's all.

roughdraft

Reaction score
you've never been and you're in for a real delight the entire 101 is laden in badass places lots of national forest and small towns with...yknow...small town stuff

my only advice

blow through coos bay and north bend nothing to see there

and go with yr instinct, take some backroads and check some stuff out anywhere north and south of coosbay/north bend

that's what has always resulted for me the best on the road, this type of approch...the full opposite of "travel guide" you know?

it's just too fuckin accessible man and it's gonna blow your mind how accessible and beautiful so many cool trails with not many people, well maybe in summer it is different but you'll make out well no doubt

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Oregon has a few pretty awesome beach spots. Not as blown up as CA. I know a few...but I dont want to list them on StP, because, well, I know how that goes. Ill just say 'look for the least populated areas between the state parks and state beaches' You'll find something.

Ive hitched that whole coast 3 or 4 times now....so awesome.

starpurple

Reaction score
ive driven that coast line a couple times now and there is soooooo much to see. impossible in one day but that means ya gotta go back. tons of sweet spots to pull off and wander around. plenty of empty beaches and cliff sides. if you pull up to a populated beach just drive a couple minutes north or south and you'll have a beach all to yourself. if you like to skate, def go to Lincoln city skatepark, thing is nuts. i really like the coast from pacific city (cape kiwanda) and just keep goin north, you get really sweet wooded areas with the coast its beautiful. smugglers cove/shortsands is one of my favorite places but it is touristy. on nice days there are people there, great place to surf and cruise. However, on cold rainy days the place is empty and its one of my most favorite places ever. anyways what im trying to say just drive and stop to wherever you think looks nice and it will most likely be very nice.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads