seeing eye dog

M

Mouse

may.. this is a scam in a way so I guess it should go here...

one time a friend of mine told me that she knew a person who could get you those lil harnesses and official emblems that signify that your dog is a trained seeing eye dog. this would mean public transit would have to let you take your dog on the bus/subway/ect.

but I've since lost touch with this friend and was wondering if anyone knew a thing about how to make this work.

M

Mouse

omg that'd be fucking great! hahaha.

my dog is such a spazz, it'd be so fitting.

I wonder if you gotta have any type of proof? like a card or something... I know most people would just let it go but sometime you might run into an asshole bus driver that wants credentials or some shit. hmm.. off to google...

FatAdam

Reaction score
been doing it for years

the best part is explaining this to my hippy friend who had her dog tied to this long ass piece of braided hemp rope.. We are both dirty as hell, walking around this nice ass hotel that was having a banquet, trying to find the bathroom. We instantly got rushed by important dudes in suits, where we calmly explained the mutt was a seizure alert dog. They were very, very apologetic.

Took the pooch into a fancy concert that night too.. the manager wanted proof, we said she doesn't have to carry proof of epilepsy.. manager lady had a meeting with all the security guards to tell them there was a girl that has epileptic seizures on the premises and to keep your eyes out for any trouble. They were real nice the rest of the night.

S

soreusrex

or hows about getting a bus driver in minneapolis to let 7 dirty smelly kids with packs and 3 "service" dogs on the bus during peak hours. man, that was a triumphant day...

S

soreusrex

i was told that all you need is to call in advance for a reference number for your service animal. then all you've got to do is buy your ticket! easy peasy.

Dameon

Reaction score
Legally, if you say the dog is a service dog, not only are they not able to question it, they're not even allowed to ask what your disability is. From what I've been told, anyway.

You can also say it's a service dog in training. You don't need fake "service dog" trappings. I've seen this used many times in public transit to get a dog on the bus. Most transit workers don't really care anyway, as long as your dog doesn't create a hassle; they only make a fuss about it if they're rule mongers, which many of them are. If they make a fuss about it, use the "service dog in training" line, and it'll work almost every time.

S

soreusrex

except for when it comes to the vicious rule mongers, some state laws do not cover dogs "in training". but i guess fuck em. federal law always supersede state laws.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads