scanner !

blackmatter

Reaction score
so im havin a hell of a time finding the radio frequency for the willow springs bnsf intermodal ups yard in chicago. ive checked numerous rail fan websites and rail scanner websites cant find a damn one thatll tell me, however, maybe im flawed in the way im looking. do most yards just run on the same frequency but different channels? :)

iamcrkt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
ok you're going about it the wrong way... there are I believe (I may be a few digits in correct on this) 97 AAR radio channels that railroads use. each channel relates to a certain frequency. each frequency increases by .15 each channel... so for instance... let's say you have channel 1 programmed as 160.015--- then your channel 2 should be 160.030 ... get my drift? you need to program them all in and then fiddle with your squelch and find the frequency that willow springs is using... I used to know it but I forgot. it's somewhere in the upper 160.xxx range ... 160.980 maybe??? anywho... just scan through by fiddling with your squelch and eventually you will find it. dispatch will most likely use a different frequency but it really depends.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads