Santa Barbara, CA

Threads
Current Location
Portland, Oregon
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
I currently live in Santa Monica (as a homeless), and I'm thinking about relocating there. I have a couple questions:

> Where do the dirty kids hang out?
> How hardass are the cops about sleeping on the beach, panhandling, etc.?
> How much does a pack of Marlboros/Newports cost downtown?
> Are there any homeless youth services? Similar to SPY in Venice or the Youth Center on Highland.
> Anything else I should know?

Threads
Current Location
Western mass
Website
bit.ly
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Seems like a lotta traveler types/dirty kids hang out on the main street "state street" close to the ocean,but that's most of what I know about santa barbara. Im currently staying there, but only for a little bit. It seems like plenty of people live out of there vehicles.

Threads
Current Location
Little Rock, United States
Reactions
95% 3% 2%
They have recently had wildfires in the area and Montecito to the east was just hit with mudslides and there could be more of them.

I would recommend waiting to see how that shakes out before going there.

SB has a good bus system. I prefer the Goleta area myself. Downtown is decent but I wouldn't recommend hanging out on State Street.

The library is good, most people are nice and/or ignore you completely. Spanging is tough ime.

Threads
Current Location
Little Rock, United States
Reactions
95% 3% 2%
Also, the 101 is closed at present as a result of the mudslides

Threads
Current Location
Long Beach, CA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I just moved from up that way. State street is very popular for travelers, homeless, and annoying college kids. As far as sleeping on the beach in Santa Barbara I’m unsure if the cops will kick you off. There is a good spot for beach sleeping in Carpinteria. That is also a nice little community. Everyone is very friendly. There is also a small town called la conchita where you can post up. The beach is semi private and there’s some wooded areas.