Salutations amigos

JungleBoots

Reaction score
hi, i guess i should introduce myself... im from detroit, im looking to find a local squatt, or maybe just some chill ass people to exist with in the wild wilderness of D-town.

Im an anarcho-communist, apocalypse worshiping, punk listening, fast dancing, art faging, gypsie loving, foolish ass hole.

there you have it...

end of story.

oh and im very excited to be a the next FNG here.

JungleBoots

Reaction score
Detroit is the shit!!!!!!

tons of abandoned and beautiful buildings, some nice shows, a few really good venues. Alot of cool hang outs in the burbs. im a fan of Ferdale, largest gay community in the midwest. (Might not be now though.... population dropped a good 500 thousand in the past ten years.)

but thats what makes the city so sweet. so much of the city is just grassland and empty houses. its like a jungle gym of potential good times.

Downtown itself is kinda sparce and seedy but the nearby burbs, like redford ferndale warren and grossepoint have tons of shit to do.

oh shit Hamtramk is the shit too. Its like if you've been to Williamsburg in Brooklyn. its a tiny little city inside of detroit filled with a mix of all sorts of immigrants and punks. the coffee shops are the best, the bars are sweet they always have something going on. And its kind of a mild college town. The housing is cheap in Hamtramk so there are alot of students and artists living there. its good stuff. a real bohemian crossroads kind of place.

JungleBoots

Reaction score
awe shit the craziest thing about Detroit is the housing market in some neighborhoods, not even bad hoods are so poor that land owners are selling the homes for like 30 bucks or so.... sever homes in the last year have been sold for one dollar. they are all stripped of their piping and dhillapidated but most of them only need a good 30 grand to fix back up.

theres almost no point in squatting i guess... you just buy a house with the cash in your pocket lol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads