Saltspring Island is in British Columbia | Squat the Planet

Saltspring Island is in British Columbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 29113

Does anyone know this town? Saltspring Island. I have no choice, I need to leave my home town, too many expectations about my mental health. I've been travelling before. I need some intel about what to expect. If I do end up on t he Island, it will be to regroup and send people the right message. Psychiatrists and mental health workers, those kinds of people. Like I want them to know, back home I am feeling under pressure. The right message would be, hey I have a life and being backed up against a wall makes me feel super uncomfortable. Thinking some time away would be good. They'll see that, I'm sure. Maybe set up a small encampment before I go to motel. Wondering who I'll meet. Ah, anyway, thinking about this makes my head hurt. Alls i'm saying is, the way things are looking with my medications and support workers I have, they make me take my meds at 10:00 erry night, i'm depressed as shit over it. If I can shake them for just a month of living in the bushes where I won't be seen. I would be sending the message that I am no longer ok with them and their bullshit certification.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
first, i've moved your thread to a more appropriate section (canada).

second, i don't think there's going to be anyone here that knows much about such a specific area, but i could be wrong.

third, it sounds like you're having a lot of mental health issues that fall well outside of what we are able to assist you with; i also don't have enough information on your background (historically and medically) to say whether or not you should 'run away' essentially from whatever situation you're in. i would suggest you find resources outside of a travel-oriented website like StP to assist you with sorting out these issues.

• Agree
Reactions: croc
D

Deleted member 125

@Matt Derrick covered pretty well what I was going to say but I just want to add a few things;

If I can shake them for just a month of living in the bushes where I won't be seen. I would be sending the message that I am no longer ok with them and their bullshit certification.

I dont think this would have the outcome that yer hoping for.

Like @Matt Derrick already said we are not a mental health website and I would take any advice on yer mental health from a stranger on a travel website with a big grain of salt.

It sounds like you may need to talk to yer doctors/support workers.

Welcome to stp.

D

Deleted member 29113

I'm asking now if anybody has been and can verify that if I go to Saltspring it won't be hard to make connections, get a job maybe, that kind of thing. I don't know how I could possibly gain insight into my mental health on a website like this, that was not my intention. Mental health can be dubious. I just want a normal way of life again, nothing to do with travelling. More just asking whos out there. But yea, running from Mental Health Org makes me giddy with the possibility that I may finally say fuck em all and finally have some time to myself. I take pills all fucking day. it blows. I'll probs keep my phone powered down then

D

Deleted member 29113

I don't think standing outside in the rain is my idea of fun. I'm going to call it quits. Plus I have a weak judge of character.

D

Deleted member 125

So half a hour between "fuck em all" and "its rainy and I'm calling it quits".

I'm gonna lock this thread since it seems pointless to have people replying to it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads