Salt Assault Fest: 2016 Boatpunk Sailboat Meet Up | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Salt Assault Fest: 2016 Boatpunk Sailboat Meet Up

Reaction score
Website
saltassaultfest.org
2016 Meet Up was a resounding success. We got together in the tropical paradise helping each other come closer to realizing our dreams, had more fun than would be appropriate to write about here, and made connections that continue to inspire and enrich our lives.

If there is interest, we can do a follow up article on the website about the festival and what may be to come...

@nila
I stay in Rio Dulce to continue the spirit of the festival and keep the boatpunk community alive there with The Gnarwind Project. I teach those who are genuinely interested in learning and willing to put in the time and effort. Volunteers, backpackers, and fellow sailors have been coming through and participating here with the Gnarwind Project since the festival ended in March.

I am currently reaching out to the community and asking for help with Gnarwind to get her out of this expensive Marina I am stuck in and put her back in the water. PM me for details or any questions about the festival or the offshoot project Gnarwind.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
keeping this info in mind..

before too long i will probably tell my employer to fuck off, but if not, salt assault 2017 is on the radar..

if i can work enough to hammer down, i'll be in touch..

thanks for the post!!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
2016 Meet Up was a resounding success. We got together in the tropical paradise helping each other come closer to realizing our dreams, had more fun than would be appropriate to write about here, and made connections that continue to inspire and enrich our lives.

If there is interest, we can do a follow up article on the website about the festival and what may be to come...

@nila
I stay in Rio Dulce to continue the spirit of the festival and keep the boatpunk community alive there with The Gnarwind Project. I teach those who are genuinely interested in learning and willing to put in the time and effort. Volunteers, backpackers, and fellow sailors have been coming through and participating here with the Gnarwind Project since the festival ended in March.

I am currently reaching out to the community and asking for help with Gnarwind to get her out of this expensive Marina I am stuck in and put her back in the water. PM me for details or any questions about the festival or the offshoot project Gnarwind.

sounds good, i'd really like to hear more details, like specifics of what went on and why things were so great. what did people take away from the event? how many showed up? a more full report would definitely entice more people to come out next year.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads