Salish Sea/Puget Sound boatpunx

Bey

Wanderer
Current Location
Out...
Solid advice @crispsails!
We use Bronners for everything from washing and cleaning the boat, laundry, bathing, everything really. I have a small bottle of Dawn for serious grease/oil cutting, but it’s rarely used.

Thanx for adding to the discussion. Again, awesome advice!

Cheers,
Crow
Dr Bronners is also a respectable toothpaste...

Bey

Wanderer
Current Location
Out...
Really?
I didn’t know this haha.
Or am I being gullible right now?

Cheers,
Crow
No, it's true...When Dr Bronner was still alive, the bottles mentioned using it as a toothpaste, along with a lot of other uses...maybe 25? Something like that....I think that the current owners may have changed the bottle text, somewhat. Also, it used to have a lot more mystical writing then now, as I recall...

Reactions: 1 person

Bey

Wanderer
Current Location
Out...
...And now this came in the mail. Turns out the Chamber of Commerce is very serious...
img_20190223_153315-jpg.49104_Salish Sea/Puget Sound boatpunx_Boat Punk / Sailing_Squat the Planet_12:37 PM

Reactions: 1 person
OP
CrowTheBard

CrowTheBard

Rambler
Current Location
Lopez Island
What a weird couple weeks I’ve had...and by weird I mean”frustrating,” “eventful,” “stressful,” and finally “fun.”

I finally ran out of room on my phone, and in the process of dumping all my video and pics to a hard drive (5 years worth! No cloud cause I’m dumb) I lost 90% of it all, including 3 in progress edits I had going, as well as all the pics and videos I had of our previous boats and adventures. Somehow my phone also stopped holding a charge after this. And got wet In the dinghy and had to spend a week in a bag of rice. So no internet, no shooting or editing, bleh. Frustrating. It does work now however! Finally!

Next we had to go to “America” as we jokingly call the mainland so Wren could have two teeth pulled. This out her down for a week almost, and me on nurse duty. We also both quit smoking at that time...well she has fully, I’m down to one or two when I break. But down from a fucking pack a day. Eventful.

To top it off, gale after gale has ripped through with anywhere from 25-50 knots of wind. A lot of sleeping with one eye open. A lot of wet, cold, hard rows to shore to get Wren to work. And a lot of hard, wet, cold rows out with kerosine, food, and water. Totally worth the effort, and mostly I enjoy the struggle (it’s mine afterall, and very human, to have my struggles centered around nothing more than Mother Nature and the bare necessities of life) but nonetheless stressful at times when coupled with all the above mentioned stuff!

But we finally took some time to go sailing in a break in the gales. Fun! So sorry for my absence here and elsewhere online! Crow has had a weird couple weeks!

Finally got some new eye/ear candy uploaded. Well it is to me anyways. YMMV haha.

Cheers,
Crow

Reactions: 3 people