Safe squatting in former Yugoslavia?

Kae

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to Southeastern Europe, including former Yugoslavian countries such as Bosnia and Herzegovina. Can it be safe to squat abandos there? I'm concerned because I keep hearing about left-over still active landmines.

forestwitch

Reaction score
i think you can find information on areas that potentially have landmines online and you can just try to stick to areas that don't. it's not like every region in former yugoslavian countries is filled up with these things. also, if you use some common sense (like don't touch weird metal things if you don't know what they are), you should be fine i guess.

Holec89

Reaction score
I really wouldn't risk it, especially in Bosnia. The landmine situation is very real there, with around a quarter of a million still around. Most abandoned buildings there are abandoned for that exact reason. But if you're still looking for legit squats in the Balkans I recomend ROG, it's an old bicycle factor in Ljubljana, Slovenia. It's in the center of downtown, easy to find, and they don't really have much trouble from the police.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads