Video - S/Y Triskel Anderson 22 lifting keel | Squat the Planet

Video S/Y Triskel Anderson 22 lifting keel

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool - you thinking of taking it more out and about traveling?

K

Karol Triskel

My plan is 2017 sail from Ireland to Azores Islands and back . I would like watch sleeping Sperm Whales :D I living on my yacht 5 days a week now :D And yes i am thinking only sailing and meet the people :D

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
ha - @Matt Derrick the owner here I'm sure would love to hear of this - we're having a large jamboree at the moment in the California desert but he will find this out soon. Sounds like excellent fun!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Atlantic Ocean sounds like a dream I have had on cheerful silly frightening and exciting nights prophesied by Morpheus so... I may... one day say I am free.
I need to leave this city of Gotham and find myself free on the water.

::drinkingbuddy::

I have a lot to learn though.
Hopefully.
This winter will be interesting for me.

K

Karol Triskel

Thats great :D If You need some help, let me know :D I have a few interesting books of sailing and I dont need it :D All I need is wind :D If you need something let me know. Regards :D

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thank you, you are very kind.
I hope someday to see you on the ocean blue.
I will share some drink and food with you and your sailing friends and family.
Peace.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
cute little boat!
just curious - what is the headroom in the Anderson 22?
and is it easy to step the mast by yourself?

K

Karol Triskel

Hi iamwhatiam :D
Headroom not high maybe 1,60 m or 5 feet if You want :D But is not problem for me :D
Mast : not too heavy but long :D My friend helped me rising mast last time :D I saw many idea about rising mast on the yachts on YT. Slowly forward will be good :D
Rising the mast alone - slowly with some construction , yes .

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
ah okay. I have been thinking about buying a trailerable sailboat next year in the 7.3 - 8.2 meter range. but one of my requirements is that she have some standing headroom if possible. I don't want to grow a hunchback :D

Last edited:

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
K

Karol Triskel

:D 25-28 feet yacht good idea . I did think before about 29-30f . Van der stadt Legend 29 . In my opinion one of the best desinger on the World. 29-30f this is size of yacht to living on the sea. A lot of sailors told me that. I dont know what you want to do . Shipman 28 very good construction. Etc, etc. Regards :D

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i have never heard of or seen those models before. I don't think they are common on this side of the world. I see a lot of catalinas, san juans, Macgregor, some cape dories and a few norsea 27 on the west coast of US that are all trailerable.
I mostly want to cruise along the British Columbia coast and Inside passage thru southeast Alaska. There are thousands upon thousands of islands, coves and inlets to explore. you could spend your whole life exploring them

K

Karol Triskel

British Columbia awesome place :D

Great idea to sail there :D In my opinion you will need bilge keel yachts for easy anchor or easy stop on the coast . Sea dog 30 maybe you did see this yacht on the other side of the world :D Some like that. With bilge keel yachts you do not need think about tides :D And who knows , maybe we will meet in the futer on the salty water :D Good luck and regards :D
freeman-seadog-30de-1969-seadog-30-23220020130866565253545250514557x.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads