Rubber Tramping all over the USA

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

I am a 24 year old recent college grad who entered the workforce and bailed almost immediately after 1 year to live on the road.

I've dreamt of traveling the world in a vehicle I can live out of for as long as I can remember. I think it was a combination of fear, doubt, and pressure to do what I'm "supposed to" that kept me from realizing the dream. But I knew as soon as I got my first job that the office life wasn't for me.

I spent about a few weeks modifying my jeep to be my mobile home and took the plunge a little over two months ago. I am video documenting my travels, hardships, successes, etc. If you are interested, you can check out my YouTube channel here: www.youtube.com/kevandhisjeep

And of course, if you guys like this and want to see more, I'll take tons of pictures of whatever you want to see and throw 'em up. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey - welcome to STP!! Good timing too - come on out to our 2nd annual jambo here on Oct 21 and you shall run into a lot of travelers from here and elsewhere. There is a link over to the right on the site I believe that will give you all the info of directions and what to expect out there. I'm heading there and it should be huge fun. And also for you a good networking spot as well.

Just a suggestion anyway - and I truly understand the 9-5 grind - as I do it --- and am now in a college that is having lower enrollment each semester - with estimates for this to continue for the next few years before building again but until then we are being split between departments with added duties and no compensation and ya know it sucks. And I have all these little feline commitments now and stuff and ..

Go for it and have fun - but dooooo consider the slabs as a connecting/starting point to your travels :) Bunch of us moderators as well as Matt the owner here will be there.

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey - welcome to STP!! Good timing too - come on out to our 2nd annual jambo here on Oct 21 and you shall run into a lot of travelers from here and elsewhere. There is a link over to the right on the site I believe that will give you all the info of directions and what to expect out there. I'm heading there and it should be huge fun. And also for you a good networking spot as well.

Just a suggestion anyway - and I truly understand the 9-5 grind - as I do it --- and am now in a college that is having lower enrollment each semester - with estimates for this to continue for the next few years before building again but until then we are being split between departments with added duties and no compensation and ya know it sucks. And I have all these little feline commitments now and stuff and ..

Go for it and have fun - but dooooo consider the slabs as a connecting/starting point to your travels :) Bunch of us moderators as well as Matt the owner here will be there.
That is awesome! Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I will check it out now!

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Kev And His Jeep , I second the idea of meeting up with some of us in Slab City. I've been traveling for a few years, but just earlier this year I made the jump into buying a van.

I would love to see first hand what you've done with your jeep, and hopefully swap some stories and ideas!

Here's a link to the Jamboree info, so you can find it easier, Lol...

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/official-jamboree-information.27048/

See you there, hopefully! ::eyepatch::

Reactions: Tude
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Kev And His Jeep , I second the idea of meeting up with some of us in Slab City. I've been traveling for a few years, but just earlier this year I made the jump into buying a van.

I would love to see first hand what you've done with your jeep, and hopefully swap some stories and ideas!

Here's a link to the Jamboree info, so you can find it easier, Lol...

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/official-jamboree-information.27048/

See you there, hopefully! ::eyepatch::
Thanks for the link! This sounds like a really good time.

Luke Erie

Reaction score
Hey Kev! Like your videos on youtube. I've always wanted to do sort of the same thing. I'm currently working on a small camper to pull behind my Wrangler. I would just use the jeep like you did but need the extra room for doggies. Good luck and stay safe.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads