Road @ Rail Relationship s | Squat the Planet

Road @ Rail Relationship s

NewtonRed

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Why is it so hard to meet up with people ? If your heart has your good intension then why think so hard to be scared to trust ? I've been on the road for a long time and rails . It's times when you break your cardinal rules and get lonely. So you deal with lies of road dawgs that are perspective and current .

Why is it so hard to deal with others grief of past hurt ? Yeah some train hoppers and ramp tramps etc live a life of solitude and remorse .

This post was interested and inspired by Kentucky Beaux whiskey but was on my mind

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: croc

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
so, you posted this in the sex and relationships section, so are you talking about finding other travelers to hook up with? or just meeting other like minded people in general?

Reactions: Ironhorse 2

Romanriff

Reaction score
I think I get what you're saying or I'm not and I'm just interpreting it weird but yeah I have a hard time with others on the road too. It seems like everyone's just either out of their mind or scared and will jack your shit before you jack theirs. That might be my own insecurities though.

Reactions: Johny

NewtonRed

Banned
Reaction score
I think I get what you're saying or I'm not and I'm just interpreting it weird but yeah I have a hard time with others on the road too. It seems like everyone's just either out of their mind or scared and will jack your shit before you jack theirs. That might be my own insecurities though.
You got the just of it . I'm concerned that shwag ass females and male travelers as a whole have fucked shit up for all past to current

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ramp tramp aka on ramp hitchhiker

Hence rail tramp ,rubber tramp leather tramp hiker
What's the difference between a leather tramp(or "leather tramp hiker"?) and what you're calling a "ramp tramp"?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@NewtonRed i merged your two threads together since they contained the same content but folks already replied to each one.

NewtonRed

Banned
Reaction score
What's the difference between a leather tramp(or "leather tramp hiker"?) and what you're calling a "ramp tramp"?
A leather tramp is a highway tramp who walks with leather boots . A walker whome most us hitch it or ride in .

A ramp tramp is a hitchhiker who travels only from on ramps . I would suggest from a site that is a train Travel forum that it's been heard before 🐱?

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy Beans

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A leather tramp is a highway tramp who walks with leather boots . A walker whome most us hitch it or ride in .

A ramp tramp is a hitchhiker who travels only from on ramps . I would suggest from a site that is a train Travel forum that it's been heard before 🐱?

Well, this isn't a "train Travel forum" exactly. It isn't called train-hop the planet. There's a much broader scope than that. Train hopping is just one of many travel related topics we cover.

And yeah, you'd think someone here would have heard the explanation you gave that distinguishes "ramp tramps" from leather tramps, before. Honestly, I just think you're making up your own definitions.

There is no "ramp tramp". Leather tramp encompasses all aspects of foot travel. There's no need to categorize it all down into tiny subcategories. What will you make up next?

Thumb ramp tramps? Sign ramp tramps? Free range bovine sourced leather tramps? On the fly hoppers? Stationary train hoppers?

Cut it out ya silly goose. Shoot me one single link/resource that backs up your definitions. I'd genuinely like to see that.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yeah i've never heard of a ramp tramp. rubber tramp? sure. leather tramp? oh yeah. but never a 'ramp tramp'. but hey, kids and their internet are coming up with all kindsa new slang, so who knows.

edit: upon thinking it over more, 'ramp tramp' doesn't even make much sense, once you put it under examination. i mean, 'ramp tramp' kind of implies that anyone can hitchhike anywhere they want; to such an extent that they can literally choose where. on the ramp, off the ramp, side of the highway, maybe even ON the highway?

where in reality it's illegal to hitchhike anywhere except for on ramps in all but a handful of states, making 'ramp tramping' the only option for hitchhiking the majority of the time.

so, taking that into account, as @Eng JR Lupo RV323 pointed out, it seems strange to specify the location of a particular method of travel with that kind of specificity. 'hitchhiking', 'leather tramp' and other such terms have already broadly defined the subject that the granularity of the term 'ramp tramp' seems unnecessary.

furthermore, ergo, vis-a-vis, it seems that this unnecessary specificity is much like calling ted cruz 'ted cruz the zodiac killer' when in fact we all already know he is in fact the zodiac killer, so we can safely use the term 'zodiac killer' and know that we are talking about ted cruz. strangely though, we do say 'matt did 9-11' much the same way and yet that specificity is necessary in that regard. so ramp tramp is indeed a strange anomaly much like bouncing on my boy's dick for hours on end until rocketship 8====D~~~

um what i blacked out there where am i

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Barf

NewtonRed

Banned
Reaction score
Well, this isn't a "train Travel forum" exactly. It isn't called train-hop the planet. There's a much broader scope than that. Train hopping is just one of many travel related topics we cover.

And yeah, you'd think someone here would have heard the explanation you gave that distinguishes "ramp tramps" from leather tramps, before. Honestly, I just think you're making up your own definitions.

There is no "ramp tramp". Leather tramp encompasses all aspects of foot travel. There's no need to categorize it all down into tiny subcategories. What will you make up next?

Thumb ramp tramps? Sign ramp tramps? Free range bovine sourced leather tramps? On the fly hoppers? Stationary train hoppers?

Cut it out ya silly goose. Shoot me one single link/resource that backs up your definitions. I'd genuinely like to see that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201023-075228.png
    Screenshot_20201023-075228.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 234

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Again, provide a link please. That isn't a link that's a screen shot. Actually, what I really want is a link to that exact conversation on Reddit. It can be a link to that specific comment or the main post I don't care. I'd like to read it. Yes, there's a reason why I'm asking for this.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Eng JR Lupo RV323 it appears to be from /r/vagabond but yeah a link would be nice.

@NewtonRed it's really not a big deal, we're just saying that in (my) 20 years of experience traveling i've never heard the term 'ramp tramp', so it's probably a new term. also, just because someone uses a word online once doesn't instantly add it to the cultural glossary.

either way, try not to get so bent out of shape about it, it's not the end of the world.

croc

Reaction score
@Eng JR Lupo RV323 @Matt Derrick Bro why are yall picking apart what the fuck this kid calls a hitch hiker? Semantics.

I like the term ramp tramp, personally. Sounds cute. And I see the distinction between that and leather tramp bc leather tramp implies more walking than anything else. And rubber tramp as we know means u have a vehicle. So why not use another "tramp" term for hitch hikers? Why turn down an opportunity to use such an outdated and underrated word like tramp? But that's not what their post is about anyway.

@NewtonRed there are plenty of cool travelers out there to meet up with. Plenty on here, it's how I've made some of my dearest friends. Including the goof balls giving u a weird amount of shit for using a cute term their old asses ain't heard yet ;)

Keep ur chin up and put out good energy and you'll find people who are doing the same <3

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Bro why are yall picking apart what the fuck this kid calls a hitch hiker? Semantics.
We're just having a little harmless fun here :p

And rubber tramp as we know means u have a vehicle. So why not use another "tramp" term for hitch hikers?
traditionally, the term for hitchhiker's in the 'tramp' category has been 'leather tramps' (because of their shoes), but it has fallen out of common nomenclature.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads