Rest in Peace, Stefan Scriuba. | Squat the Planet

Rest in Peace, Stefan Scriuba.

0ddity

Reaction score
Stefan Scriuba, also known as Steve to some. His user name on STP was CdCase123.(Matt Derrek, he lived with you in NOLA.)
-
He killed himself late night or early morning of October 4th/5th at his campsite in Green Bay, Wisconsin. He was suffering from depression and insomnia for some time. He hid it very well. Nobody here saw it coming.
-
I met him on this site early 2011. Then I met him in person in Chicago while I was tramping around. We became good friends fast. I hurt myself in Kansas City and we split up after that. Soon after he got back from the west coast he came up to visit me in Green Bay. Several times. I visited him once in Ashville, NC. Last time he came up here he stayed with me and my mother for a while, camped out for a bit soon after, got a job, then soon got a place of his own.
-
Im going to fucking miss you man. We had a lot of good times together. I'll never forget you brother. You were one of kind. Smarter than most people I have met. Smarter than me even. More drive to get out of the house than any person I have met. A passion for learning about the world. Thanks for turning me on to eating dates. They really are delicious. Thanks for riding bikes with me all around town. It was always fun. I'll never forget the 2 and half day bike tour we took up to Door County. That was pretty fucking epic. Algoma beach was fun. I always enjoyed talking with you. Sipping on beers outside, talking about everything. I wish I could of done more for you brother. I wish I could of stopped you. I hope you found the peace you were looking for.
-
Rest Easy.
102_2092.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
After reading this I now understand why he emailed me on the 4th with only the words "You are a good person" Shits fucked.

I wish I had the old traveling photos I had with Steve.
I just got a call today about this.
Never would of imagined.
Last I heard he was being himself flailing about with the love of the midwest.
I was just talking about him and how badass he was.

This EXACT time last year he was sitting in this very library with me.
The irony in it is that this time last year he had to witness some of our friends cry over someone who did the samething.

He was the one of few best friends I had. He and I shared a love for electronic music which is rarity in the traveling community. Constant emails sent back n forth of music to listen to.

After 7years of knowing him.

Theres no room in this world for good people.

If anyone has more info.. Although I stayed with him at his parents house for a week, I never was close to them.. please email me at jebuschrisco at gmail

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
damn dude, that's crazy. i had no idea. he'd email me one or twice a year, and he'd hang out with me at the bar i worked at a lot. damn nice kid.

man i hate how the older i get the longer my list of friends that are no longer with us gets :(

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads