Rebuilding/revitalizing community vs traveling | Squat the Planet

Rebuilding/revitalizing community vs traveling

soapybum

Reaction score
So i'm in the midst of organzing a collective/infoshop, thats main goal is to revitalize/rebuild the radical community here. We used to have a community space/infoshop here but the pigs shut it down and after that the community pretty much fell apart. I got a job canvassing for a enviromental/consumer advocate lobbyist group so I can pay rent, get stuff for the collective etc. The goals of the group are reformist as fuck but at least its better than working fast food. Anyway, while I really want to take part in the collective and rebuild the community here I also still want to travel and dont want to get to tied down here. I'm having pangs of wanderlust all the time and I'm driving myself insane because I can't decide which I wanna do. Any advice?

christianarchy

Reaction score
Same boat.
I tried to get a lot of my wanderlust out before settling down (who knows how it will work out), cuz if you really wanna change a community for the better you need to commit to that specific community long term y'know?
But I'm always gonna go on short rides and stuff.
When I was runnin an infoshop I took a few short trips, you just gotta have a collective with solid people that can handle shit while you're gone and give em a heads up that yer hittin the road for a minute.

But ultimately you gotta figure out what's more important to you..what you'd be more proud of later in life. But you also don't wanna try to do too much if you're at the point in your life where you just need to live as free as fucking possible.
It's a tough question, but a fuckin good one to ask. Sorry for such an ambiguous answer.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads