Quick & easy wool gloves

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
If you ever find yourself in the cold and needing gloves, try cutting up a pair of your worn out wool socks. Just retain the part from the ankles up. You can either just pull these remaining wool tubes over your hands as is like a blanket for your hands, or cut thumb holes in the sides. A little hand stitching done along the cut edges will get you much longer life out of your newly made gloves, but is not needed if these are just a temporary fix. You can make them either fingerless glove length or standard glove length (depending on how high you socks are. If you have shorter socks your best bet is to cut the thumb holes and go with something more like a fingerless glove. With a longer sock I would forgo the thumb holes and just use them like hand blankets. Either way when you need full use of your hands, just pull back the material over itself towards your wrists. I actually find these gloves warmer and more versatile than regular gloves. When it is bitter cold out it is easy to just pull your thumb back through the hole and ball your fist up inside.

You'll never need to buy wool gloves again.

• Useful
Reactions: thomas mccoy

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I will take some pics tomorrow, or the day after.
I've been busy with hunting lately, I figured... might as well since my trip to Puerto Rico got bumped back till after New Years. They have worked real well while hunting, I can just peel them back over my hands when I go to skin a squirrel.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads