Questions-Houseboating down the Mississippi? | Squat the Planet

Questions-Houseboating down the Mississippi?

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
Alright, so I recently broke my foot real bad (funny story, thatone) and managed to land a nice job in jewelry repair so I'm makin a good bit of money. Now, cause of my foot i'm pretty much grounded here, can't travel, but what I can do is save up shit loads of money.
So my question is, anyone have experience taking a small house boat down the Mississippi? So far from reading, dams, locks and barges seem to be the scariest things.
I just kinda wanna dock in random ass cities and play music on open mic nights in shitty bars.
Is this even possible?
Anyone got any stories to tell from boating down rivers?

The idea is in its infancy but i'm already getting that giddy feeling i get when i think of some new dream.

Reactions: marmar

jaws

Reaction score
From a broken foot man to another, sounds cool, let me know how it goes. I want to build a Mississippi boat shack too. Might as well make it a full on tiny house.

And I feel compelled to show you this.

• Haha
Reactions: Koala

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
From a broken foot man to another, sounds cool, let me know how it goes. I want to build a Mississippi boat shack too. Might as well make it a full on tiny house.

And I feel compelled to show you this.

It probably wont be for a few years, which sucks, but I dont know anything about boating so, I got alot of work todo.
And that was friggin funny xD
I went from cleaning shit out of toilets in a hotel to working in jewelry, some dude offered me an apprenticeship after i lost my job. Thats ganna be stuck in my head all day now.

Reactions: jaws

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads