Question for those who served in the military

Framese

Reaction score
I did naut even realize I was in a military, even though I'm fairly sure somebody had told me, until much much later after I had suffered a great injury without any identifying mark. Every now and then, I wonder if I'm still part of it, much like a militia such as a gang. However pay was very high, and I faced a relatively low level of violence. I felt safe, and I was happy. I loved foreigners, which there were a lot of, so conversation was great.

I won't name a name, but I'm sure everyone knows what the name of the army was.

I would never join the military unless it had been such a late revelation. I've also never been one of those people who ever asked a soldier if they had killed anyone, or did they enjoy shooting a gun.

Reactions: BlackJack

MatatuPuncher

Reaction score
I did naut even realize I was in a military, even though I'm fairly sure somebody had told me, until much much later after I had suffered a great injury without any identifying mark. Every now and then, I wonder if I'm still part of it, much like a militia such as a gang. However pay was very high, and I faced a relatively low level of violence. I felt safe, and I was happy. I loved foreigners, which there were a lot of, so conversation was great.

I won't name a name, but I'm sure everyone knows what the name of the army was.

I would never join the military unless it had been such a late revelation. I've also never been one of those people who ever asked a soldier if they had killed anyone, or did they enjoy shooting a gun.

Bro, WTF. You ok?

Framese

Reaction score
I'm fine, I finished healing from my injury of recent. Thank you sincerely.

Section8

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you find that the training you received while in the armed forces has helped/benefited you for being better prepared for the lifestyle as a nomad or vegabond? Does the military give good training for things like first aid, wilderness survival, and living in extreme environmental conditions?

First aid, yep. Survival, yep. And most importantly getting used to being cold, wet and dirty. So, yeah.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads