Question about Canada | Squat the Planet

Question about Canada

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've been needing to take a step in a better direction and settle down on my own somewhere that has a low cost of living. Canada has been intriguing me based on how beautiful it looks in a lot of different photos I've seen and some good conversation I've had with good ol' Canadian folk speaking highly or at least decently of their homeland. Also, the "free" or "universal" healthcare whatever you want to call it has been a huge factor because I'm interested in taking care of myself while working and maintaining without paying an arm and a leg each month for insurance. I'd also like to live without a car and as much unnecessary expenses as much as possible.

Could some friendly Canadians (wizehop) or anyone else that is from or traveled there share their experiences with the quality of healthcare and living? I see The States as just a giant melting pot with too much stress going around and not a lot of benefits in return. If there is somewhere else besides Canada that you feel is a great place to settle down please feel free to let me know. And I do have a fresh passport. Thanks ya'll. Peace.

Reactions: wizehop

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
LOL...

Well I think like any place it has its ups and downs. If you like space we have a lot. As far as health care goes Im not sure what the deal would be for a landed immigrant. That being said my old man came from Europe and never got his citizenship and hes been fine. Are you looking to get citizenship or just come here and live for a while? How long are you looking to get away. There are lots of sweet countries that are pretty chill, but they all have their +- situations.

But ya man, the airs fresh, the people are chill and even the bad parts are safe. So what's not to like

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
LOL...

Well I think like any place it has its ups and downs. If you like space we have a lot. As far as health care goes Im not sure what the deal would be for a landed immigrant. That being said my old man came from Europe and never got his citizenship and hes been fine. Are you looking to get citizenship or just come here and live for a while? How long are you looking to get away. There are lots of sweet countries that are pretty chill, but they all have their +- situations.

But ya man, the airs fresh, the people are chill and even the bad parts are safe. So what's not to like

Haha, for sure man thanks. It's true every place has their pros and cons, but I'm trying to settle down somewhere where the pros outweigh the cons I guess. I'm not interested in choosing to travel in poverty, so I'd like to have some security and save up and just move somewhere where the grass is greener and I can breathe easier. I'm looking to move somewhere and stay there for awhile, maybe for good if I'm feelin' it enough. That space you're talking about is what I'm all about. I hate money, but whatever. I would rather live in my own place even if it's a the tiniest one bedroom and be able to feed myself and stay hygienic. If it takes me earning money through hard work I don't mind. I'm neutral about the system and I really don't lose sleep over whether I need to escape it or not. That's just my own preference, and I know what I like. I know tons of people on here think otherwise but that's their thing and I respect it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads