News & Blogs Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphys...ciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death
BY STEVEN BANCARZJANUARY 7, 2014CONSCIOUSNESS, FRINGE, SCIENCE
out-of-body-5.jpg

Learning Mind| A book titled “Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the Nature of the Universe“ has stirred up the Internet, because it contained a notion that life does not end when the body dies, and it can last forever. The author of this publication, scientist Dr. Robert Lanza who was voted the 3rd most important scientist alive by the NY Times, has no doubts that this is possible.

Beyond time and space
Lanza is an expert in regenerative medicine and scientific director of Advanced Cell Technology Company. Before he has been known for his extensive research which dealt with stem cells, he was also famous for several successful experiments on cloning endangered animal species.

But not so long ago, the scientist became involved with physics, quantum mechanics and astrophysics. This explosive mixture has given birth to the new theory of biocentrism, which the professor has been preaching ever since. Biocentrism teaches that life and consciousness are fundamental to the universe. It is consciousness that creates the material universe, not the other way around.

Lanza points to the structure of the universe itself, and that the laws, forces, and constants of the universe appear to be fine-tuned for life, implying intelligence existed prior to matter. He also claims that space and time are not objects or things, but rather tools of our animal understanding. Lanza says that we carry space and time around with us “like turtles with shells.” meaning that when the shell comes off (space and time), we still exist.

The theory implies that death of consciousness simply does not exist. It only exists as a thought because people identify themselves with their body. They believe that the body is going to perish, sooner or later, thinking their consciousness will disappear too. If the body generates consciousness, then consciousness dies when the body dies. But if the body receives consciousness in the same way that a cable box receives satellite signals, then of course consciousness does not end at the death of the physical vehicle. In fact, consciousness exists outside of constraints of time and space. It is able to be anywhere: in the human body and outside of it. In other words, it is non-local in the same sense that quantum objects are non-local.

Lanza also believes that multiple universes can exist simultaneously. In one universe, the body can be dead. And in another it continues to exist, absorbing consciousness which migrated into this universe. This means that a dead person while traveling through the same tunnel ends up not in hell or in heaven, but in a similar world he or she once inhabited, but this time alive. And so on, infinitely. It’s almost like a cosmic Russian doll afterlife effect.

Multiple worlds
multiverse.jpg

This hope-instilling, but extremely controversial theory by Lanza has many unwitting supporters, not just mere mortals who want to live forever, but also some well-known scientists. These are the physicists and astrophysicists who tend to agree with existence of parallel worlds and who suggest the possibility of multiple universes. Multiverse (multi-universe) is a so-called scientific concept, which they defend. They believe that no physical laws exist which would prohibit the existence of parallel worlds.

The first one was a science fiction writer H.G. Wells who proclaimed in 1895 in his story “The Door in the Wall”. And after 62 years, this idea was developed by Dr. Hugh Everett in his graduate thesis at the Princeton University. It basically posits that at any given moment the universe divides into countless similar instances. And the next moment, these “newborn” universes split in a similar fashion. In some of these worlds you may be present: reading this article in one universe, or watching TV in another.

The triggering factor for these multiplyingworlds is our actions, explained Everett. If we make some choices, instantly one universe splits into two with different versions of outcomes.

In the 1980s, Andrei Linde, scientist from the Lebedev’s Institute of physics, developed the theory of multiple universes. He is now a professor at Stanford University. Linde explained: Space consists of many inflating spheres, which give rise to similar spheres, and those, in turn, produce spheres in even greater numbers, and so on to infinity. In the universe, they are spaced apart. They are not aware of each other’s existence. But they represent parts of the same physical universe.

The fact that our universe is not alone is supported by data received from the Planck space telescope. Using the data, scientists have created the most accurate map of the microwave background, the so-called cosmic relic background radiation, which has remained since the inception of our universe. They also found that the universe has a lot of dark recesses represented by some holes and extensive gaps.

Theoretical physicist Laura Mersini-Houghton from the North Carolina University with her colleagues argue: the anomalies of the microwave background exist due to the fact that our universe is influenced by other universes existing nearby. And holes and gaps are a direct result of attacks on us by neighboring universes.

The Scientific Explanation For The Soul
the-soul.jpg

So, there is abundance of places or other universes where our soul could migrate after death, according to the theory of neo-biocentrism. But does the soul exist? Is there any scientific theory of consciousness that could accommodate such a claim? According to Dr. Stuart Hameroff, a near-death experience happens when the quantum information that inhabits the nervous system leaves the body and dissipates into the universe. Contrary to materialistic accounts of consciousness, Dr. Hameroff offers an alternative explanation of consciousness that can perhaps appeal to both the rational scientific mind and personal intuitions.

Consciousness resides, according to Stuart and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose, in the microtubules of the brain cells, which are the primary sites of quantum processing. Upon death, this information is released from your body, meaning that your consciousness goes with it. They have argued that our experience of consciousness is the result of quantum gravity effects in these microtubules, a theory which they dubbed orchestrated objective reduction (Orch-OR).

Consciousness is a property like space and time
Consciousness, or at least proto-consciousness is theorized by them to be a fundamental property of the universe, present even at the first moment of the universe during the Big Bang. “In one such scheme proto-conscious experience is a basic property of physical reality accessible to a quantum process associated with brain activity.”

Our souls are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe – and may have existed since the beginning of time. Our brains are just receivers and amplifiers for the proto-consciousness that is intrinsic to the fabric of space-time. So is there really a part of your consciousness that is non-material and will live on after the death of your physical body?

Dr Hameroff told the Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole documentary: “Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing, the microtubules lose their quantum state. The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large”. Robert Lanza would add here that not only does it exist in the universe, it exists perhaps in another universe.

If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says “I had a near death experience”‘

He adds: “If they’re not revived, and the patient dies, it’s possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul.”

This account of quantum consciousness explains things like near-death experiences, astral projection, out of body experiences, and even reincarnation without needing to appeal to religious ideology. The energy of your consciousness potentially gets recycled back into a different body at some point, and in the mean time it exists outside of the physical body on some other level of reality, and possibly in another universe.

Robert Lanza on Biocentrism:

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
While I consider this theory to be very interesting and probable, I´m very disturbed by the title of this post. There is no such thing as proof of anything said there, there´s not even a claim from the people involved in such a theory that it has been proved somehow.

While Quantum mechanics / physics explanation of things seem awesome, lets not forget two things: its still in very early theoretical status and its being used and abused to "prove" lots of things while there´s just a few serious scientists being able to prove anything with it.

Now, I dont want to sound like the science nazi here, I do love science and im very curious about what will science be able to disclose about things that now are only discussed on religious terms, so im very hopeful to open articles that claim to prove things and find out that its not just another article hooking title.

Anyways, great article, specially if I forget the title :p

E

etpyh

Is it even possible for a theory to prove something?
Furthermore I would like to know what they understand under "consciousness".
I think consciousness in the sense of the article is a kind of universal consciousness, which is of no use for me if my body dies. Or only so long until "my" consciousness gets absorbed by another body.
The article states, that my consciousness exists without my body. So far so good. This would give some kind of hope for some kind of existence of myself after my body dies.
But what exactly is supposed to happen when my consciousness goes into another body?
What does this body gets conscious of? And what happens with the consciousness that this body already had?
Lets say there is an irreducible mental individual, "inhabiting" a body. Know this body/individual absorbs my consciousness that was just kind of floating around after my body died.
What does this mean to the body and my own consciousness?

Does the body and its (former) consciousness just get more conscious of itself, or of the whole universe?
In this case I would say that I myself wouldn't exist anymore.
The only solace I could take from that is, that my death leads to other life/consciousness.
Which wouldn't be anything knew. Even if you don't believe that you consist of something immaterial, you have to agree that you (=your body) eventually gives birth to new life.

One alternative would be, that I absorb the consciousness that inhabited the body originally and that I from thereon inhabit that body. This leads to the same questions as above, its just another point of view.

Another option would be, that my consciousness lives in the body side by side with its original consciousness.
In this case you would have to ask, who controls the body. If one of the two consciousness controls the body and the other one is in no causal relation to the body, it wouldn't make sense to say that latter is a part of the body whatsoever. Or are both consciousness just different "voices" of a bigger consciousness?
Doesn't sound plausible, since I myself do not consider myself as a part of something else, or divided in that sense.

None of these possibilities gives room for an "after body" existing of myself, in a way that would not hurt the understanding of myself (or only so long as I don't "enter" another body or get "absorbed" by another consciousness").
I mean it might be kind of nice to think that there is a use of what is left after you die, or your consciousness leaves your former body. But you, as a whole individual with self consciousness don't exist anymore.
So it is just as good as the thought that you come to new life through the worms from which you get eaten after your death.
The whole is just another kind of reincarnation thought, but if you think about there are only two options:
Either you were never reincarnated (and only few other people did and admit it), which is rather unlikely.
Or what you would consider yourself gets lost in the process of reincarnation, making it kind of pointless.

Another thought about the multiverse thing. It is often claimed that , taken the being of multiple universes as true, there are, or could be, universes where you are this and that and all kind of things.
To quote this article:
"In some of these worlds you may be present: reading this article in one universe, or watching TV in another."
I strongly disagree with statements as these. I am not watching TV in another universe. I don't even exist in another universe. At least not in a meaningful way.
What might exist in other universes are persons that are resembling me. There might be a person in another universe with the same genetics, and whatsoever. But I wouldn't say that this is me.
Edit: Maybe we should differentiate between something like an objectiv and subjectiv identity if we accept the multiverse theory.
Sry if this seems a little disjointed, I didn't intend to write such a long post and am not going to rewrite the whole thing to bring it to a proper form. I hope you get my point anyway. Sry if the english isn't perfect as well.

Last edited:
E

etpyh

One more thing:
"The fact that our universe is not alone is supported by data received from the Planck space telescope."
I don't think that you should call this a fact with the current knowledge.

Matt Dawg

Alone in the world with a little Matt Dawg!
Reaction score
It's an interesting article. But like Warlo said, there's not really any proof; proof is what gives a theory its title.

One of the big problems I see is that the article states "Lanza points to the structure of the universe itself, and that the laws, forces, and constants of the universe appear to be fine-tuned for life, implying intelligence existed prior to matter." It makes much more sense to say that life has evolved in accordance with the laws of the universe rather than the laws are fine tuned for life.

I'd be interested to see what comes of this in 5 more years or so.

Reactions: wizehop

lone wolf

Reaction score
i have spent much of my time reading and viewing physics vids. it's very interesting to me but some of the theory's they come up with must have been perceived on a heavy dose of shrooms. i'm not saying this article is nonsense (although it may very well be), i'm just wondering how in the hell do you prove any of it?

"It is consciousness that creates the material universe, not the other way around."... i still struggle to wrap my mind around that statement. perhaps i need some magic mushrooms to fully comprehend physics. ::confused::

• Haha
Reactions: Matt Dawg

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
But if the body receives consciousness in the same way that a cable box receives satellite signals, then of course consciousness does not end at the death of the physical vehicle.

I have an affinity for this point of view. It makes sense to me that consciousness does not reside in us but is channeled through us.

People who "think" they know all there is bout science and neurological knowledge claim no. Consciousness is nothing more than the sum of various brain states.

Ok but bullshit. Those brain states describe what consciousness is doing and yes when a person dies the brain is no longer producing them. but not a single scientist can still get to the nitty gritty I believe of answering WHAT exactly it is that consciousness is, on the level of all those neurons exchanging chemical and electrical signals in the brain.

The closest thing you have is the version of quantum effects in micro-tubule structures.
It's fine and easy for many to say oh well it's just a hierarchal emergent phenomenon of those processes.

Still if you have quantum effects it seems like consciousness is being drawn from somewhere. and a popular idea in quantum physics is that even absolutely empty space is not empty... virtual particles continually pop in and out of existence annihilating each other. This has also been demonstrated in scientific experimentation...in the casimir effect I believe.
in that case if the brain is a receiver then it could be just conducting consciousness from a vast/limitless "ocean" of quantum probability.

People who claim for sure there is nothing more. just a spongy brain on electric juice... then snap once dead everything is gone. They Are being absolutist. Science does not stop searching. A convenient "dead end" pun intended is a cop out.

This means that a dead person while traveling through the same tunnel ends up not in hell or in heaven, but in a similar world he or she once inhabited, but this time alive. And so on, infinitely. It’s almost like a cosmic Russian doll afterlife effect.

I have had some real weird deja vu that makes me feel this one.

The triggering factor for these multiplyingworlds is our actions, explained Everett. If we make some choices, instantly one universe splits into two with different versions of outcomes.

yup...

Theoretical physicist Laura Mersini-Houghton from the North Carolina University with her colleagues argue: the anomalies of the microwave background exist due to the fact that our universe is influenced by other universes existing nearby. And holes and gaps are a direct result of attacks on us by neighboring universes.

I wonder if this is related to Brane theory where adjacent universes on membranes in higher dimensional space constantly "wiggle" "bump" into each other. Creating multiple big bangs. Sounds like that might be what they mean by anomalies in the microwave background. Various interactions would be the hot and cold spots?

Consciousness resides, according to Stuart and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose, in the microtubules of the brain cells, which are the primary sites of quantum processing.

yup yup

Our souls are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe – and may have existed since the beginning of time.

Consiouness, getting funky and boogiedown since the big bang.

While Quantum mechanics / physics explanation of things seem awesome, lets not forget two things: its still in very early theoretical status and its being used and abused to "prove" lots of things while there´s just a few serious scientists being able to prove anything with it.

Early compared to what? The theory of gravitation?

Quantum mechanics has been in development for at least a hundred years going back to work by Einstein on the photoelectric effect or maybe earlier, and giants like Heisenberg, Bohr, Schrödinger, and Wolfgang Pauli to name a few.

I think quantum mechanics is standing the test of time very well. without it a lot of your modern technology would not be possible.

And if you need an example of a popular theory that works and still is missing parts look no further than newtons laws of gravitation 1687.

We still don't know "exactly" what gravity is yet no one would deny it's existence or that newtons laws are successful & tested tools of science.
Just like quantum mechanics.

As far as proving things. Just go look up Bose-Einstiene condensates.

Quantum theory has already been used in the laboratory to see superimposed positions/states of quantum particles.

Its also been used to teleport particles/photons.

I would call that a pretty good track record.

I think consciousness in the sense of the article is a kind of universal consciousness, which is of no use for me if my body dies.

Yea thats a true way of thinking when your looking from the perspective of your own ego.
Yet ego itself may just be an immature understanding of what consciousness is.
Seriously. There really might not exist anything as self important as the "I"
And if our consciousness does dissolve into a different "greater" consciousness after we die... it really does not matter that the "I" no longer exists in the way you think. Since to begin with the greater consciousness would hold all that information anyway. Therefor if you are a part of the whole... the whole can alway manifest that part that is you.

But like Warlo said, there's not really any proof; proof is what gives a theory its title.

not sure what you mean by proof gives a theory it's title.
the law of gravitation and general relativity give beautiful examples of the mechanics and behavior of the force of gravity. yet we have not discovered "gravity" the way we have electrons and photons.

so... this

In fact, consciousness exists outside of constraints of time and space. It is able to be anywhere: in the human body and outside of it. In other words, it is non-local in the same sense that quantum objects are non-local.

Quantum non locality has been demonstrated increasingly in experimentation over recent years...
http://planetsave.com/2014/03/28/qu...ill-permit-multi-party-quantum-communication/

quantum physicists at the Institute for Quantum Computation (IQC) in Waterloo, Canada, were able to demonstrate 3-particle entanglement with non-locality

It makes much more sense to say that life has evolved in accordance with the laws of the universe rather than the laws are fine tuned for life.

If you buy into the multiverse theory there are infinite versions of universe with infinite tuning of the laws that govern them. making for many different possibilities for life to exist in various conditions. and if consciousness can transverse these universes, then perhaps biological life may not exist in some but consciousness could. this universe could be a stop over in one version where biological existence is simply set up through these 'fine tuned" conditions.

perhaps i need some magic mushrooms to fully comprehend physics. ::confused::

ahh... the true tools of exploration.
I need to go take a walk along the lake front this week.

Reactions: wizehop
E

etpyh

And if our consciousness does dissolve into a different "greater" consciousness after we die... it really does not matter that the "I" no longer exists in the way you think. Since to begin with the greater consciousness would hold all that information anyway. Therefor if you are a part of the whole... the whole can alway manifest that part that is you.
Well, I can say that I do not have any other consciousness in myself from former lifes, in a way that would mean anything. I am not able to manifest any former parts of my consciousness.
So I have to be the first in the "line of consciousness". Then you would have to wonder where this consciousness comes from. Is there an amount of consciousness since the beginning of the universe that has still been unused until my birth? Or maybe my consciousness is somehow kind of added up from living beings that do have some kind of consciousness, but no self consciousness? This could be used to explain instincts, I just hope that in this case my consciousness does not go back to multiple lower consciousness forms, because thi would again mean that I stop existing.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@etpyh

Some words by the great feline lover Erwin Schrodinger.

There is obviously only one alternative, namely the unification of minds or consciousnesses. Their multiplicity is only apparent, in truth there is only one mind.

Nirvana is a state of pure blissful knowledge... It has nothing to do with the individual. The ego or its separation is an illusion.

Although I think that life may be the result of an accident, I do not think that of consciousness. Consciousness cannot be accounted for in physical terms. For consciousness is absolutely fundamental. It cannot be accounted for in terms of anything else.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I think your missing the point I was making.
If there is a UNIVERSAL consciousness then the ego the idea you have of yourself this "I AM" is an illusion.
We are manifest universe. The only way a single consciousness could experience itself is in the separation of one part that is subject/you and the other object/universe-mind.

Well, I can say that I do not have any other consciousness in myself from former lifes, in a way that would mean anything. I am not able to manifest any former parts of my consciousness.

This is irrelevant. Of course you don't experience, that is the whole point to have a unique experience as a separate entity in regular everyday experience.

Perhaps only mad people experience multiple consciousness... or the rare reports of people recalling past lives... which is anecdotal. Or perhaps mediation and shamanic/ritual practices with entheogens.... which has its own large supporting community.

I just hope that in this case my consciousness does not go back to multiple lower consciousness forms, because thi would again mean that I stop existing.

I wouldn't say lower... more like the primary or higher form of consciousness.
It's like your a cup of water drawn from an infinite ocean. Then when you die you rejoin the ocean.
Though remember the law of conservation. You are neither created or destroyed, the quantum information that makes up your mind is retained and in an infinite number of universes can be manifest again.

E

etpyh

If there is a UNIVERSAL consciousness then the ego the idea you have of yourself this "I AM" is an illusion.
Even if there would be a universal consciousness I wouldn't say, that the "I AM" is an illusion. I mean I am pretty sure that I exist, that I AM. If I am within a bigger universal consciousness, thats fine. But I still am.
And I would still prefer to life within this "illusion" than to vanish into the universal consciousness.

This is irrelevant. Of course you don't experience, that is the whole point to have a unique experience as a separate entity in regular everyday experience.
Same here, if my consciousness becomes a part of a bigger consciousness in the way my consciousness was created by other consciousness, I'd rather not become a part of the bigger consciousness again.
Or maybe I should say I'd rather not be redistributed within that consciousness, if you assume that there is only one consciousness.

It's like your a cup of water drawn from an infinite ocean. Then when you die you rejoin the ocean.
Though remember the law of conservation. You are neither created or destroyed, the quantum information that makes up your mind is retained and in an infinite number of universes can be manifest again.
This is no pleasing thought to me, since I would lose myself in the process of rejoining the ocean.
You would say I lose the illusion of myself, but that's the same to me.

I think I get your point, but I can't agree with it, or can't wrap my mind around it.
To me it is the same as the fact that I give new life through my death, during the decomposition of my body.
This might be a nice thought for more spiritual people than me, all this circle of life stuff.
But it is of absolutely no use for me, I am still as dead as it gets.
These consciousness moving thing is the same thing to me, just on another level. I don't care if I am a part of a bigger thing, if that means that I lose myself I'd rather not be a part of it, or at least stay in the illusion that I am not.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads