Photos - Putting the Bo (hemian) back in Hobo. The New Hip. | Squat the Planet

Photos Putting the Bo (hemian) back in Hobo. The New Hip.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
hobo12.jpg
michelle-williams-hobo-magazine-01.jpg
Hobo_11_Ethan_cover (1).jpg
tumblr_inline_mk65rrMQs91qzcxqy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Brother X

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i am totally confused.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yeah I saw this and others when I was looking for resources to advertise in and yeah it's a handbag line here with some artsy articles interspersed. I actually saw several things on internet that incorporated "hobo" into their "chic" stuff. At least when you look at goth or dominatrix or even "grunge" stuff you know what you're getting into. So (term only) "Hobo" is reaching high fashion chic ...

mateoboliviano

Reaction score
seems like a logical conclusion. I feel like the train hopper/oogle image has been pretty well co-opted by alternative, youth culture in general. Like I was in Boston the other day and Beacon yards been closed for what like 5 years now? You'll see kids walking around sporting this look, like they just hopped off a coal car! So you know, Madison Aves always watching!

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hipster irony at it's best i guess.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Who's next on the chopping block? Parisian designers got in HUGE trouble a few years back when they unveiled "Homeless Chic/Derelicte"...Is there any subculture which cannot be subsumed by capitalists?

I think so. Centenarians. They have their own funky style noone else could ever appropriate. Buicks. HoverRounds. Suppositories. Pomeranians. Prune juice. Lawrence Welk. The constant threat of death....Oh wait. That sounds sexi AF.

s-l225 (1).jpg

crosbys_sexy_grandmas_2.jpg
e3f68e57b1e1b15bd7bb8a46992e1488.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Who's next on the chopping block? Parisian designers got in HUGE trouble a few years back when they unveiled "Homeless Chic/Derelicte"...Is there any subculture which cannot be subsumed by capitalists?

i totally forgot that when i first read this i was going to post some meme from zoolander about derelicte...

• Haha

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
seems like a logical conclusion. I feel like the train hopper/oogle image has been pretty well co-opted by alternative, youth culture in general. Like I was in Boston the other day and Beacon yards been closed for what like 5 years now? You'll see kids walking around sporting this look, like they just hopped off a coal car! So you know, Madison Aves always watching!
Yeah totally. rabel sells! think urban outfitters hobo' clothing line, after punk and hippy is so last year. and hipster tattoo shops doing stick n poke like tats with machine for 250 an hour. that's reality. not even talking about teens getting into the sub culture via facebook these days.

• Sad

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
28338879925_b4bb6e9939_m.jpg

I'm not sure what the young people are up to nowadays. But I personally enjoy the flexibility and sensual qualities of Lycra, whether hopping a freight or hitchin outa Santa Fe.

Pinkman.jpg
24393733271_eff2721e44_m.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads