Punkers of New York or Cali

Storm Smokes Rocks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
To make it somewhat brief to anyone squatting out in the new york or cali area, im 18 years old just about to graduate highschool from Ohio with my one buddy mark. we've had the childhood dream to live out on the streets and be squatters and i wanted to get a head start somewhere, which is what lead me to this site. by this im hoping somebody will read this and respond to my simple question..WHERE IS A GOOD ASS SQUAT SPOT? im lookin for some cool people to hang with and get to know a little better but i also wanna check out the other local scenes and get acostumed to it. im just tryin to live my life the way i have always wanted to so if anyone can help me out with some spots,information, or just wanna chat a little (obviously because i understand just coming into someones squat would be a little threatning) but in any case ya just someone get back to me!!!!!!
together we survive, divided we die!
-Storm

Hollywood

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
patience is a virtue

you being younger and raised in technology land its easy to think all the answers are on the internet. its easy to post a question on a forum and the holy answer will come to you but life is more complicated than that. read up on here a bit and go out and meet people. living on the streets and squatting can seem highly romantic but its heavy stuff.

threehalfgallons

Reaction score
yeah, you arent going to learn much from going online to this forum and asking where a squat is. half of the lifestyle to me at least is the exploring and understanding (for yourself) a given area. if someone were to respond to you on here and say, "hey man i got this squat come on and stay a while!" you may get there and it will blow your fucking mind. not everyones good people and not everyone (obviously) has the same ideas as you when it comes to choosing a "squatters" lifestyle.
i do suggest browsing the forums here for general knowledge and what not. it can be pretty helpful.
if i may ask, why new york or cali?
personally these are two very familiar states to me (born in cali, raised in new york) but i cant find any reason to stick in either place for that long. but again, this is where the different strokes for different folks idea comes in.
cheers!
good luck.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Read stories on here, get out and meet people. And if you've had no experience with any of this before i would maybe suggest trying it in someplace closer to home before you take off cross country then maybe find out that it's not for you. Like Columbus maybe. And being form Ohio myself I know it sucks but maybe it's a good place to start.
Anyway welcome to the forum. Make sure you search before posting any new topics.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads